Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Canadian MkII Helmet, Last day of digging in Normandy for a while...

Article about: Well yesterday was my last full day of digging on the Normandy Battlefields for quite a while, after six and a half years of living in Normandy we are leaving to move back to England next we

Unhappy Canadian MkII Helmet, Last day of digging in Normandy for a while...

Well yesterday was my last full day of digging on the Normandy Battlefields for quite a while, after six and a half years of living in Normandy we are leaving to move back to England next week.

It was a good day, in the first hour I uncovered a MkII Canadian Helmet, a lot of Greatcoat buttons, and RAF button, and a lot of equipment buckles, spoon, etc...

Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Canadian MkII Helmet, Last day of digging in Normandy for a while...   Canadian MkII Helmet, Last day of digging in Normandy for a while...  

Canadian MkII Helmet, Last day of digging in Normandy for a while...   Canadian MkII Helmet, Last day of digging in Normandy for a while...  

Canadian MkII Helmet, Last day of digging in Normandy for a while...   Canadian MkII Helmet, Last day of digging in Normandy for a while...  

Canadian MkII Helmet, Last day of digging in Normandy for a while...  

Default Re: Canadian MkII Helmet, Last day of digging in Normandy for a while...

Well done Steve. Glad it wasn't something too big to recover. There'll be plenty left for you when you go back I'm sure. The contacts you've made there in those years will know you're not silly about what you do and that's a great reputation to have. Again, good luck with the move mate.

Martyn.

P.S. Nice to see the R.A.F. made it into your finds lol!