Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Casing ID

Article about: I tried to clean it, but... ;-/ I will try vinegar solution... ;-)

?

Question Casing ID

I tried to clean it, but... ;-/

I will try vinegar solution... ;-)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Casing ID   Casing ID  

Casing ID   Casing ID  

Casing ID  

No measurements? Might be an Ak47 blank but just a guess.

Yes measurements are definitely required.
    We have met the enemy and have learned nothing more about him. I have, however, learned some things about myself. There are things men can do to one another that are sobering to the soul. It is one thing to reconcile these things with God, but another to square it with yourself. - Robert Leckie

?

Question Casing ID...

I found it aprox. 30 cm depth... And...yeah...I think it was a blank round...

If the vinegar solution works ...I will send u a new image...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Casing ID  

So you basically have a 50mm casing with an extremely long bottle neck. Location of your find? East of Germany? West of Germany?
    We have met the enemy and have learned nothing more about him. I have, however, learned some things about myself. There are things men can do to one another that are sobering to the soul. It is one thing to reconcile these things with God, but another to square it with yourself. - Robert Leckie

?

No, somewhere in the former WWII Eastern Front, in the forest... ;-) ...Does it matter ?

Yes. Certain rounds were used by different countries and not by others. That helps narrow it down.

I am taking a guess now by the length of the casing, being rimless, and where you found it.. 6.5x52mm italian carcano. Here are a couple of pics before 75 years of water reached them..
    Casing ID
    Casing ID

I would say clean it the best you can and see if the stamps on the bottom match any of the above.

And I'm counting on deformity because of long term water exposure. I do not believe measuring diameter would be accurate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast