Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Dave and his POW camp

Article about: Thanks Adrian My comments were more tongue-in-cheek in this instance. I have talked with John (Whitehunter) on another matter and I really didn't mind in this instance. Your post about copyr

Thumbs up Dave and his POW camp

Well done Dave for getting in this months searcher magazine

John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dave and his POW camp  

Default Re: Dave and his POW camp

I'm sorry, but is "Dave" on this forum?
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

i'm sure i saw him on here somewhere

Nah.

Someone linked up the story about him, a bunch of us sent him messages of support and offering assistance in identifying and recovering the finds but never heard anything back. He never registered on the forum as far as I am aware.

I very much doubt that basic Bounty Hunter MD he is holding is much use given the amount of metal in the ground there. Easier to just chuck your spade in the air and dig where it lands

I do hope he is sharing any profit he makes from the relics with the landowner.

You'd think he'd have got a little bit 'dressed' and at least had a shave for the photo's wouldn't you.

Steve T

Hi Steve that was me who posted the information.

Here's your chance to have a go at me again. Those anti gas cream pots i found 3 of them I just thought they where old paste jars. Haha I will never learn

Cheers

WH

Seriously.......I'm gonna clout you when I see you ! Stop chucking stuff away before you've positively, totally and absolutely confirmed it as CRAP !

<----sighs and shakes his head

Steve T

Hello - I am the author of The Searcher article and I must say it's interesting to see my work copied and posted on here.
    Just realised now why WH Smiths don't sell many copies of the magazine!

In reply to Steve T, I say that your assumption that Dave is intending to sell the artefacts is false.
    Read my article and see where he hopes they will eventually end up.
    And why should he 'dress up' just for my picture? He's a digger and a metal detectorist - do they usually go to work wearing a suit and tie?
    Last edited by John Winter; 11-05-2010 at 11:29 PM.

John

I have read your article and it is most informative. I don't believe that he will sell everything he finds, and never said so. However, I DO believe that a significant proportion of the finds will be sold off. As Dave said, before he found this dump he had little or no interest in MDing or WW2. This is why I have come to that assumption.

You will note from my reply that I specifically said '...a little bit dressed'. This obviously doesn't infer a suit and tie. I to am a digger and metal detectorist and have 'appeared' in a number of magazines and newspapers. It isn't like the photographer turns up without your knowledge. This being the case, wanting to look presentable is perfectly reasonable. So why not put on a clean pair of trousers and a shirt ? I for one would not want to have a picture taken of me, that thousands of people will see, looking like I got up 5 minutes ago and am still wearing what I went to bed in.

But that may just be me.

Cheers

Steve T

The day I took those pictures, it was raining, very muddy and I wanted to see the site and conditions.
    I'd have been just a little disappointed if David had 'dressed up' for the shots.
    I want pictures that look authentic, not pretty, pretty.

Of all the people I have interviewed, David ranks as one of the most enthusiastic and charismatic.
    I enjoyed my day with him and hope to visit again in the near future. He has only explored a fraction of the area . . .
    I'm sure that some of the guys on here would give a right arm to do some exploring in David's 'back garden'.

This is only my third post on here - can I take the opportunity of saying that it looks like a useful place to be if you are interested in war memorabilia. Still finding my way around, but I'am impressed.
    The mods seem sloppy on copyright laws, though! (Sorry! Haven't found the smileys yet).

Hi John, I have removed the pics of the article bar the one being talked about.

Guys, PLEASE don't post copyrighted material on the forum. It is unfair and will land us in trouble.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast