Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

A day to be remembered or forgotten?

Article about: Last Monday completed 74 years the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor, one of the most painful days of American History. I share with you here a link that brings a collection of dramatic photos

?

Freedom of speech is not a carte blanche to be rude and insulting to others in general society and life as well as on this forum , the rules of good manners aplly here as they would in the real world . It always seems to be claimed by those who know they have been rude and insulting and then want to justify themselves , unfortunately the internet allows folk to behave like that who would never say such things either in the same manner or at all if they were face to face wth someone.

Time to let this go or move on !
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Free speech ends where insults begin, and "my Scotty dog is more man than any American" hardly qualifies as legimitate criticism of U.S. foreign policy.

Mr. nomis was entirely out of line. He repeatedly posted insults which showed he was thumbing his nose at the forum and our membership. He will no longer have to put up with any of us.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

CBH
    ?

Too much Dark Side in him

?

I hate to beat a dead horse. This forum is for serious and or moderate collectors of many genres'
    Russian, German, Japanese, Chinese etc; And although some translation may be odd we understand and help each other in a informative way regardless of political ideals.
    This forum is not " A Soap Box" for some or anyone..... I look forward every day to see the "Good" we achieve as collectors.. If long live anything... "Long live the Forum" Just my sentiments... Merry Christmas to all and a Happy New Year of Great finds and posts... G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

CBH
    ?

May I second that , Long Live the Forum , and may all of you have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year filled with new finds and Treasures , no matter where on this Crazy world you live . Happy Collecting too you all !

I find this post very disturbing...for a number of reasons. The guy made his statement...OK, his opinion. Fair enough.
    Then, after 5 days, he replies to some obvious taunt that we are not allowed to see. Then things start to kick off and it all gets a little out of control. SO, my concerns, . Was there some blatant censorship by the moderators to justify their actions in banning him from the site ? After all, he was, originally only stating his point of view and daring/challenging any forum member to read their history books and prove him wrong. There were no takers.
    What I am saying is that there was obviously some Flak fired at him that made him react the way he did, yet I can see no evidence from reading the posts. So, what was said to him ?? Was it censorship of the worst possible kind ?
    Let's face it, with regard to US foreign policy there is a mass of evidence of wrong doing, mass murder, downright theft, political chicanery etc etc. So why did no one try to convince him that he was wrong ? Because he has read the evidence, decided for himself and made his position known. Let's face it, the history of the Brit Empire is also full of deceptions and horrendous deeds so let's not kid ourselves.
    For someone to call him a f%&^%$^ disgrace is, in my eyes, a F%^&^%$ disgrace. He has his opinions and it is NOT up to us to judge him for them. He was obviously attacked and fought back. That's the long and short of it.

It's really quite simple:

Criticizing the errors, failures and wrongdoings of a country's politicians = acceptable.
    Insulting every single citizen of that country = not acceptable at all.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    It's really quite simple:

Criticizing the errors, failures and wrongdoings of a country's politicians = acceptable.
    Insulting every single citizen of that country = not acceptable at all.
    Very well said.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Our chief goal here is the analysis of militaria in its variety. This is an international forum, where we all should ascribe to the principle of our commonalities versus the
    easy crutch of nationalism, xenophobia and jingoism that are otherwise reasserting their baleful role in the life of Europe and USA and beyond. I work here to explain and understand militaria, not endure the splinetic political outbursts usually of persons who do not have much expertise in anything or the capacity to make a reasoned argument. Each national history when seen through the lens of integral nationalism, revanchism, irredentism, Little Englandism, American exceptionalism (extracted from English and or British sources) and whatever, to include Greater Magyarism, Pan Germanism, Pan Slavism, Greater Ilyrianism and the other isms in their number caused the events we study. I can surely understand anti American feeling in the UK, as I actually teach about it, but as one who turns himself inside out here to adhere to cosmopolitan principles, the people who run this site insist on an apolitical and non partisan stance. Plus, when problems arise, I, as a US citizen call Adrian, as a UK citizen and we figure out how to extract the venom from various threads. And I pay the phone bill happily as part of trans Atlantic accord. In the case of Adrian, myself and so many others, we are really citizens of this site, who adhere to its values, which I treasure. I also own an Irish Terrier, and have great affection for all terriers of all nations and continents. My dear grandmother had a Scottish Terrier, actually, who had a preference for ice cream. He was a citizen of the USA, too, during the second world war.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast