Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Demjansk Stug

Article about: Hello.Just thought i would post a thread of this Stug IIIF8 that was recovered from Demjansk back in 2005.I have made and album in my profile for any interested party's whishing to view somt

Default Demjansk Stug

Hello.Just thought i would post a thread of this Stug IIIF8 that was recovered from Demjansk back in 2005.I have made and album in my profile for any interested party's whishing to view somthing that was removed from it and i had the good fortune to be able to purchase.I will leave it at that but please take a look and let me know what you think.

Cheer's and Happy New year to all Tom B.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Demjansk Stug   Demjansk Stug  

Demjansk Stug  

?

Default Re: Demjansk Stug IIIF8

It is not a Demjansk- take a look that thread
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/armou...skov-area.html
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Default Re: Demjansk Stug IIIF8

Very cool pics.....I'd love to take something like that for a ride!!

Cheers!

Rob

Default Re: Demjansk Stug

The condition of this things is amazeing , any more info on its fate today Dimas, cheers Raymond

Hello,
    I appreciate your comment's Dimmas.The very first time this Stug appeared on the net it was called the Demjansk Stug and that's what i decided to call it being the most common name accociated with it.I believe it was originally stated as found NEAR Demjansk or a place in that general area. Is the town or place you mention anywhere near Demjansk? It may have been just reffered to so that us collector's can relate to a certain battlefield.My Russian friend in Riga bought the Radio direct from the guy's that recovered the Stug. There was no specific mention of place at the time as i think it was all done hush hush so as not to upset those in power that you mention.It was only discovered later that it was removed from the Stug found with crew member's inside that were later buried once all their remain's had been retrieved.There were some personal article's returned to family member's also.
    I am happy to stand corrected on it's exact location but the whole point of the thread was to show you my album of the Radio and rack i have that was removed from it at the time. I will see if i can edit the heading of my thread to just Recovered Stug IIIF8 so as not to cause any confusion.I know there has been a huge amount of hipe about this Tank over the last 3 year's but how many collector's do you speak to that has somthing from it? Great shame it did'nt go straight into a collection. A buyer in the USA wanted to do just that but got denied by the Russian government sadly

Tom

?

Pskov City and oblast is one of the westernmost oblast of Russia and borders Estonia and Latvia, in German it was Pleskau.

It is in North Western Russia but is a good distance West from Demyansk , you wouldn't want to walk it !!!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Hi Paul,
    Thank's for the additional information.My friend is in Riga Latvia so that make's sense. I would'nt want to walk it either
    Best regard's.
    Tom

Quote by Tom Bennett View Post
    Hello,
    I appreciate your comment's Dimmas.The very first time this Stug appeared on the net it was called the Demjansk Stug and that's what i decided to call it being the most common name accociated with it.I believe it was originally stated as found NEAR Demjansk or a place in that general area. Is the town or place you mention anywhere near Demjansk? It may have been just reffered to so that us collector's can relate to a certain battlefield.My Russian friend in Riga bought the Radio direct from the guy's that recovered the Stug. There was no specific mention of place at the time as i think it was all done hush hush so as not to upset those in power that you mention.It was only discovered later that it was removed from the Stug found with crew member's inside that were later buried once all their remain's had been retrieved.There were some personal article's returned to family member's also.
    I am happy to stand corrected on it's exact location but the whole point of the thread was to show you my album of the Radio and rack i have that was removed from it at the time. I will see if i can edit the heading of my thread to just Recovered Stug IIIF8 so as not to cause any confusion.I know there has been a huge amount of hipe about this Tank over the last 3 year's but how many collector's do you speak to that has somthing from it? Great shame it did'nt go straight into a collection. A buyer in the USA wanted to do just that but got denied by the Russian government sadly

Tom
    Great pics and post!