Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Digging in Croatia

Article about: Hello! Finally opened this thread, not many good stuff today though. Today im in my city park, Maksimir. There were quite heavy fights in the area in 1945. Im digging around 12 batteries tha

Default Digging in Croatia

Hello! Finally opened this thread, not many good stuff today though.

Today im in my city park, Maksimir. There were quite heavy fights in the area in 1945. Im digging around 12 batteries that had ammo stored in them, the Ustashe defended them against partisans.

The 12 batteries
    Digging in Croatia

The whole park (the batteries are in a yellow circle, the partisan movement is red)

Digging in Croatia

Today i was digging around the first 3 on the top left (first pic). There are positions around them.

Digging in CroatiaDigging in CroatiaDigging in CroatiaDigging in CroatiaDigging in Croatia

First finds : flare gun casing, boys rifle stripper clip and an MG34 bolt part
    Digging in Croatia

What amazes me all the time is the ammount of unfired 6.5 Carcano rounds, whe did they throw them away? Almost every time i come i find at least 10 pieces.

Digging in Croatia

7,92 school round

Digging in Croatia

2x Carcano blanks?

Digging in CroatiaDigging in Croatia

Interesting, unfired blanks?

Last two rounds look like 7.62x25 Tokarev or .30 cal Mauser broomhandle ammo?

?

The last two are not blanks but for Italian mortar Brixia, ( pogonski naboj kot za tromblon) is an propolse (ignition) cartridge like the gun granades, GGG.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brixia_Model_35

Quote by lokvar View Post
    The last two are not blanks but for Italian mortar Brixia, ( pogonski naboj kot za tromblon) is an propolse (ignition) cartridge like the gun granades, GGG.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brixia_Model_35
    Hvala! I asked my friend yesterday an he said he thinks that they are something for mortars but he wasnt sure. Now we know.

?

that 7.92 is not school round,it is first round in belt for mg 34-42

?

You should try hunting the water. I can almost guarantee you there is very interesting things down there in very good condition.

?

Hvala vrlo puno.

Quote by TrondK View Post
    You should try hunting the water. I can almost guarantee you there is very interesting things down there in very good condition.
    Sure, but the problem is that the lakes are cleaned every few years as i heard. But still i will try magnet fishing.

Nothing spectacular today, here are some pics of the storages for flak ammo.

Digging in CroatiaDigging in CroatiaDigging in CroatiaDigging in CroatiaDigging in CroatiaDigging in Croatia

An awesome sight, still in the tree all those years.

Digging in Croatia

The bullets are from 1916 - 1944 on this pic, they used everything.

Digging in Croatia

Digging in Croatia

Quote by LeonardoL View Post
    Nothing spectacular today, here are some pics of the storages for flak ammo.

Digging in CroatiaDigging in CroatiaDigging in CroatiaDigging in CroatiaDigging in CroatiaDigging in Croatia

An awesome sight, still in the tree all those years.

Digging in Croatia

The bullets are from 1916 - 1944 on this pic, they used everything.

Digging in Croatia

Digging in Croatia
    German Tent peg!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast