Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Digging the dump out

Article about: Hi there, Me and my friend have been searching a camp for the usual relics, capbages, buttons, bullets, ect. it was near the end of a day when my friend got a funny signal and called me over

Default Digging the dump out

Hi there,
    Me and my friend have been searching a camp for the usual relics, capbages, buttons, bullets, ect. it was near the end of a day when my friend got a funny signal and called me over for help. I got the pinpointer out and searched the whole, the pinpointer was going mad i dug a little deeper and random peices of metal were appearing, then i spoted a peice of plate with 1940 stamped on it

From then on we extended the hole into a trench and the stuff was coming out left right and center

Heres a video of us diggings some stuff out
    YouTube - Digging a WW2 British Dump, UK

After about 10 mins of digging

This is what we eneded up with at the end of the day
    Some fired .303's and training rounds, fuel cap and cleaning rod.

Cups and ink jars

Bit of trench art 1940 halfpenny stuck bottom possibly used to hold ink and pens

Almost complete cup just a tiny peice missing

Some gloves

Could anybody help me with this?

And this?

Gordans Gin

Tones of bit of plate and cups should be able to make a few complete plates with this lot.

This is the finished trench i think we found pretty much everything

And this is what it looked like when we left

Thanks for viewing

?

Default Re: Digging the dump out

Excellent finds (bet you thought all your Christmas's had come at once), but equally important VERY well done with the tidy-up !! )

HVK
    ?

Excellent !!! The piece you write "what is this" - I bed it is the front end including barrel for a MK-II STEN gun !!! Please more pictures - but it sure looks like it.....

HVK
    ?

Looking at the item in the middle - that is the barrel ! I think you had Jackpot....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Digging the dump out  

Quote by HVK View Post
    Looking at the item in the middle - that is the barrel ! I think you had Jackpot....
    now wheres the rest? very nice finds, and nice job with the cleanup afterwards

Thanks for showing

Danny

Whitehunter, Thanks for the posting that was a great find, some very nice bits you found there. Your helmets is in great condition, to improve it even more you should get it in an oxolic acid bath to remove the surface rust without any damage to the paint, it'll come up great. If you do use this method please post pictures of it cleaned it'll look superb.
    LUCKYSTRIKE

?

Whitehunter, great finds especially the sten barrel front, but if your going to clean the bits of metal think twice about using this oxolic acid , there have been numerous warnings on this forum about using this item, one even from a chemist,it can be extremely harmful to your health and from whats been said could prove fatal at a later stage,it burns skin without you noticing straight away and can penetrate skin and affects lung tissue if inhaled. Be safe.

Jan
    ?

Great job there, very professional to cover things up after your dig!

Rgds Jan