Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 36 of 97 FirstFirst ... 26 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 46 86 ... LastLast

Digging in KURLAND

Article about: And this is short documentary about how we dug out Grossdeutchland soldiers.

Default Re: Digging in KURLAND

Digging can be fun if You are looking at the photos or videos at youtube. Actually it is very hard work - at first with materials in books, archives and talking with locals. And then days in forests. And in many cases You will find almost nothing. 100% you will not become rich even if You will sell all Your finds. It is just a hobby.

Quote by Frundsberg View Post
    Digging can be fun if You are looking at the photos or videos at youtube. Actually it is very hard work - at first with materials in books, archives and talking with locals. And then days in forests. And in many cases You will find almost nothing. 100% you will not become rich even if You will sell all Your finds. It is just a hobby.
    Well said.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

?

Quote by Frundsberg View Post
    Very true Frundsberg most of the really interesting items are now a long way down and very hard work to find !
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Very true Frundsberg most of the really interesting items are now a long way down and very hard work to find !
    Some truth in that, but i love it.

that is amazing what you have found! if i only had the money to go out there and serch for myself. its alwasy been a dream of mine

Chuckinbath
    ?

Hi Andris and Staligradshadow! I love the beer bottle! Next summer I will be visitng Andris...why don't we all get together for a few beers?

I`m just new on this site but have spent an hour just looking through some threads. Seriously interesting stuff.
    Great information to be had. I`d love to do some hunting/digging for items.

Hi love the helmet finds plus the double pot with luftwaffe eagle stamp,any ideas what this was used for as i have one? Darren

se you in LIEPAJA NEXT SUMMER my messanger id and mail [email protected]

you will never find the information about forest and the good place to dig in kurland in english ,,,just to have some conection in latvia ..its very hard for moust of the diggers its busines..i soo some picture ,,,day and night dig nonstop ...he he some picture its on 1.01.2012 ..its means the guy dream about to dig first in 2012 ...i spend 3 ..4 hours to find information ..because to come from another country cost alot of money ,,,and if you dont find something value ...pfuu its no good ...me i colect only german relic ,,and thats whay i go to complet my colection ,,,,the price its very high to buy and a lot of fake on internet i prefer to discover my self

Page 36 of 97 FirstFirst ... 26 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 46 86 ... LastLast