Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 37 of 97 FirstFirst ... 27 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 47 87 ... LastLast

Digging in KURLAND

Article about: And this is short documentary about how we dug out Grossdeutchland soldiers.

?

Default Re: Digging in KURLAND

There is a lot of info available on where to dig on the Eastern Front in both English and German, if ones knows how to find it. We spend months and months on researching the locations we go to... 4 hours won't do it. Good luck

WELL yea but iam interesting latvia forest in special ....i said 4 hours per day ..in may.. i will go,, i have time i work in during the night day iam free ...i dont find any danish to come with me ,,maby my girlfriend ,,if have time ...i will bring someone from my country ...how to you think i find relics in your country information ...my girlfriend helpme

?

Very unlikely the diggers are going to tell anyone where to go and dig , the best places are found by reading the books , studying maps and trench maps but mostly local knowledge of where the fighting lines were as well as the rear areas !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

As far as i know Latvia was also part of the eastern front. I hope you will have some locals with you. Otherwise you might be in for a unpleasant surprise or two. Just saying. And please stop sending me meaningless PM's....

?

Datrus has a very good point here you are going digging with local diggers aren't you , you are not going to pitch up in Latvia and start diging on your own ??
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Who would stop him, digging on his own? Latvia has no police in the forrest, and if police show up, they are easily bribed with a few dollars.

finding the areas are easy enough, the problem is finding the front lines and the trenches.

?

Quote by Vonforhud View Post
    Who would stop him, digging on his own? Latvia has no police in the forrest, and if police show up, they are easily bribed with a few dollars.

finding the areas are easy enough, the problem is finding the front lines and the trenches.
    You don't think that there is any police in the villages, or highway patrollers. They would easily spot a foreign car, even a Riga car. Maybe they would rather sell your metal detector(MD) and equipment to some of their friends who dig? Remember, the police is also locals in the small villages. But then again, police is the smallest problem you would encounter in Latvia, or Russia for that matter.

When you have found the area, it is not difficult to find both front lines and trenches. The problem is to find the good spots, because the areas stretches for miles and miles. The Eastern Front was, i think about 3000 km long and hundres of km deep. Also one digs for a long time only to find some part of a truck or some shrapnel ect. Probelm is you have to dig a LOT to find good stuff. There is of course some tips&tricks to limit this diggin for nothing. Know your MD, and that takes practice and digging. All this and more you can't learn from behind your PC... Have you been doing a lot of diggin on the Eastern Front or anywhere else for that matter Vonforhud? It is really some crap advice you come up with. To say it straight out.

My advice would be to contact some local diggers and pay them for a digging trip, because pay you will, one way or the other. That was my 2 Euro cents.

?

Quote by Vonforhud View Post

Not sure really whether that is the correct advice unfortunately especialy if you are not a native or don't speak Latvian or Russian in the rural areas !! Other problems can be the local diggers themselves if they find you digging in what they see as their " area " !! Plus there is the legal aspect of digging on land whether forest / farmland or whatever despite the belief of many it isn't a freee for all .

1st July 1916

?

Good point Paul. I left out the legal aspect in my rant, because it is obvious this will be a "black dig". But contacting locals would also possibly help on the legal aspect.

heloo misters datrus 2000euro ask a guy from latvia to showme a place ,,,he thinks in denmark rain with money ,,,and maby you forgot iam romanian and iam not stupid ..yes i know with few dolars you cant have permision from the land onwer ...i have a person in lepaja latvia ...this information its nothing for me ,,with police or maby SF mouvie...i will have a car with latvia number no danish and of course i know the low about ..hey you dig in my place ..or something like that ....jesus boy eazy eazy

Page 37 of 97 FirstFirst ... 27 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 47 87 ... LastLast