Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 42 of 97 FirstFirst ... 32 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 52 92 ... LastLast

Digging in KURLAND

Article about: And this is short documentary about how we dug out Grossdeutchland soldiers.

Default Re: Digging in KURLAND

So I sat down to check the forums, and I have always been fascinated by battlefields. My ancestors fought in the Civil War for The Penna militia, and I had a life changing event happen to me in Devil's Den. I will not go into it further, suffice it to say it changed my life, and the way I view things. I applaud these young men for what appears to be reverant, and respectful treatment of lost soldiers. The fact that they have gone out of their way to assist in returning remains to the Volksbund says volumes. Great thread, great history, and keep it coming. God bless you for the (hard) work you do. Be careful of those UXOs!!!!

One parting thought, no one asked any questions about the crashed Haunbaer (excuse spelling)????????

?

Quote by Flying Fortress View Post
    So I sat down to check the forums, and I have always been fascinated by battlefields. My ancestors fought in the Civil War for The Penna militia, and I had a life changing event happen to me in Devil's Den. I will not go into it further, suffice it to say it changed my life, and the way I view things. I applaud these young men for what appears to be reverant, and respectful treatment of lost soldiers. The fact that they have gone out of their way to assist in returning remains to the Volksbund says volumes. Great thread, great history, and keep it coming. God bless you for the (hard) work you do. Be careful of those UXOs!!!!

One parting thought, no one asked any questions about the crashed Haunbaer (excuse spelling)????????
    Thank you for the kind words. Our team have already lined out the first spring expedition. There should be both German and USSR soldiers there. They both of course deserve a final peaceful resting place among their brothers in arms.

Looking forward to see the photos
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Digging in KURLAND  
    Last edited by don_kihotis7; 03-07-2012 at 09:50 PM.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

?

I look forward to share pics and videos. We however never know exactly what we will find. Sometimes things turn out different than planned. As a plan B we found what appeared to be a untouched German trench last year, but we did not have the time to dig it, only enough time to confirm it was German.

Yes i know what you mean. I'll go for digging to Narva this year and i have been worn about the chances of finding or not, relics.

?

I wish you all the best of luck. Anyway it will be a great experience. I would love to go there sometime myself. Are your guide from the forum?

Spasiba balshoi moi droug.
    Yes it's PaulE

?

Тоже. I thought so Maybe i should consult him sometime

Kanieshna He is experienced in digging expeditions and a very helpful guy.

GREAT FIND'S! I was wondering if maybe while you are out hunting for these treasure's if MAYBE you could take some picture's of the landscape and post it look's beautiful! THANX!

Page 42 of 97 FirstFirst ... 32 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 52 92 ... LastLast