Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 85 of 97 FirstFirst ... 35 75 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 95 ... LastLast

Digging in KURLAND

Article about: And this is short documentary about how we dug out Grossdeutchland soldiers.

Quote by Canadian tanker View Post
    Some great finds we only dream of this in Canada.
    At least you are on the right latitude, down here we are wrong in longitude as well.

:-) Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Some great finds we only dream of this in Canada.
    CT

You are in a similar scenario as we are in Australia ~ a high content and local history of training, patrols and raids , and encampments during the WWII periods ~

But having said, there has been some fantastic finds here ~ locally ~ from weapons to bayonets and the hardware of War ~ (Note our recent finds of expended ordnances ~ 25lber and 4.5" !)

Looking at the gear these blokes find in Europe the finds are amazing indeed ~ and not wishing to detract form their amazing recces ~ I like to think my finds are at least a little close to their stuff~ in as much as Australian and USA forces based in Australia ~

Not a lot of Soviet, German or associated allies and combatant's relics though~ LOL

So from that point of view I guess you and I are very similar in the / our potentials ~

( Oh BTW ~ appreciate it if you could keep a look out for any my Uncle's kit as he was posted in Canada toward the end of the Atlantic and European war flying Spitfires! )

?

Quote by AT P Sweep View Post
    CT

You are in a similar scenario as we are in Australia ~ a high content and local history of training, patrols and raids , and encampments during the WWII periods ~

But having said, there has been some fantastic finds here ~ locally ~ from weapons to bayonets and the hardware of War ~ (Note our recent finds of expended ordnances ~ 25lber and 4.5" !)

Looking at the gear these blokes find in Europe the finds are amazing indeed ~ and not wishing to detract form their amazing recces ~ I like to think my finds are at least a little close to their stuff~ in as much as Australian and USA forces based in Australia ~

Not a lot of Soviet, German or associated allies and combatant's relics though~ LOL

So from that point of view I guess you and I are very similar in the / our potentials ~
    Personally I follow your relic searching with great interest.
    Its a given that you wont find the same kind of items as they will in Europe (fat chance of you finding a hoard of Smellys or Owens somwwhere), but that doesnt detract an iota from your relics and especially not from your enthusiasm, which shines through in your writings

Quote by AT P Sweep View Post
    ( Oh BTW ~ appreciate it if you could keep a look out for any my Uncle's kit as he was posted in Canada toward the end of the Atlantic and European war flying Spitfires! )
    That one cracked me up
    I suppose, he had laundry tags in his kit ('AT P Sweep the Elder')
    We will keep an eye out.

Digging in KURLAND

Maris-ogen you... ?? ))))))))

Damn...

Whooah !!

Sure not ever I hope going tofind that in Australia ~

Scout

Thank you for you positive feed back ..

Aafter all it is very disheartening not get any feed back as I am sure ~ LETLANDS would agree ~

I have even discontinued posting on one site as there is no feed back ~ even if the view counts continue ~

So what do you do with all the items you find. I had a friend that was going back to Russia once and he was not sure what the attitude was about having the nazi items. What rules do you have to follow or is it done on the QT?

Quote by LETLANDS View Post
    Digging in KURLAND
    "Alas poor Yorick, I knew him Horatio"
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Thanks Danmark

I tried my translator but it did not work ~ LOL!~

do you have before and after pics it looks like some of the badges clean up well or are they preserved becouse of where they are buried? I always wanted to have a display for ww2 from the Netherlands from both sides as my unit the RCD was there.But the items you find are a time capsule of who was there and keep sending pics. Thanks guys.

Page 85 of 97 FirstFirst ... 35 75 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 95 ... LastLast