Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Digging locations

Article about: Hey guys. I did some research and it seems that closeby V1's where launched during the war. Would this be a good location for digging? Ill still have to find out if its a legal place to dig

Exclamation Digging locations

Hey guys.
    I did some research and it seems that closeby V1's where launched during the war. Would this be a good location for digging? Ill still have to find out if its a legal place to dig to... Doubt that though, i dont want to see large amounts of bombs coming up...
    Picture: Digging locations
    Not even sure if this is something that has to do with it... Looks a bit small
    Compareance picture: Digging locations
    Please help. If nice, help me research for places to find... my only definite WW2 finds where 2 50 cal bullet points and a 9mm half broken shell... I dont want to find stupids anymore with the detecter that has been barely used...
    - Bas

?

Default Re: Digging locations

Pleaseread the section on laws relating to digging / archaeology in this section , you will find that digging in your country is not permitted !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Pleaseread the section on laws relating to digging / archaeology in this section , you will find that digging in your country is not permitted !!
    Digging in the Netherlands is actually permitted, you have to get permission from the landowner.

?

Smile Re: Digging locations

I have a little advice, look after where they throw the garbage. Because this is where they also where ordered to throw the equipment in 45. Also look after the well, because they could have been throwing alot of treasures in the well. You can use a quality magnet in the well if it is very deep.

Also look in the terrain where the ground have been sinking alittle, because woodcrates dissolve and the ground sinks leaving a "crater" in the ground. Every place with water is like winning the lottery, because the water allowed soldiers to get rid of the equipment very quickly, just remember they also threw all the explosives in the water.

I hope this helped you a little. Ah yes i almost forgot, get a map over the area, and compare this map with todays Goggle Earth sattelite photos.

Good Luck.

Quote by TrondK View Post
    I have a little advice, look after where they throw the garbage. Because this is where they also where ordered to throw the equipment in 45. Also look after the well, because they could have been throwing alot of treasures in the well. You can use a quality magnet in the well if it is very deep.

Also look in the terrain where the ground have been sinking alittle, because woodcrates dissolve and the ground sinks leaving a "crater" in the ground. Every place with water is like winning the lottery, because the water allowed soldiers to get rid of the equipment very quickly, just remember they also threw all the explosives in the water.

I hope this helped you a little. Ah yes i almost forgot, get a map over the area, and compare this map with todays Goggle Earth sattelite photos.

Good Luck.
    I got the map of the V1 launch site mate. Great advice man :O Thanks alot!