Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Digging in Moldova

Article about: by Frundsberg Well, there are different rules in every country. For example in my country it is legal to dig if You have permission from the land owner (it is not prohibited to dig in histor

Quote by Monuir View Post
    It seems like you have not read my previous threads where I stated that I have been given a license from the proper authorities. I have no interest in posting my license on this forums, not only because it is against the law in Moldova to do so (people can easily take image and forge themselves one) but also because I do not feel obliged to do it.

I've been on this forums for 4 years and I have seen many digging threads, but I have never seen anyone else been asked to put up a "legible image or scan of the documents". Why ask me?

The arrow has been given to the Chisinau military museum. It can be seen on the first room to the right side.
    I am not questioning your integrity at all. I agree I missed your post when you said you have a license. It is gratifying to hear of authorised digging under licence when there is often so little regard for legal requirements or ethics by "diggers" in countries such as Moldova and elsewhere in 'the East".

From this point forward the moderation team is going to be reviewing ALL of the threads and posts in this section and will possibly be editing or deleting those that are felt unethical or inappropriate for WRF.

Of course you are not obliged to post any verification of your authorisation to dig in Moldova at the present time, but it may be that some verification that digs are carried out under correct permit might one day be required to post such threads on WRF. If that were to be the case then what do you suggest would to be adequate verification that digs are carried out with any relevant permissions in place? People can easily say they have permissions in place. This is an open question?
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

?

Quote by Anon View Post
    Comments like this do not help the cause, though the thread starter has answered this with honour.
    I am sure that the commentor was not aware that to keep such things is illegal.

Quote by StefanM View Post
    I am not questioning your integrity at all. I agree I missed your post when you said you have a license. It is gratifying to hear of authorised digging under licence when there is often so little regard for legal requirements or ethics by "diggers" in countries such as Moldova and elsewhere in 'the East".

From this point forward the moderation team is going to be reviewing ALL of the threads and posts in this section and will possibly be editing or deleting those that are felt unethical or inappropriate for WRF.

Of course you are not obliged to post any verification of your authorisation to dig in Moldova at the present time, but it may be that some verification that digs are carried out under correct permit might one day be required to post such threads on WRF. If that were to be the case then what do you suggest would to be adequate verification that digs are carried out with any relevant permissions in place? People can easily say they have permissions in place. This is an open question?
    Personally I think you will just have to trust people saying that they have a license. It's not the job of WRF or it's admins to hunt illegal "diggers", it's the job of the local authorities (aka police). Of course if something in a thread suggests that the person might be doing this illegally, or the poster would even be open about this, the deletion of the thread would be justified to keep WRF serious and respected. However asking for pictures/scan of legal documents I see as quite ridiculous. First of all, again because it is the job of police to ask for such documents, not forum admins. Second, if I where to post my documents, how will you be able to tell if this document is authentic and not something I just made in Photoshop? Also, how do you see on the law for example in Moldova, where it is illegal to post such documents with stamps/signatures visible? Should I break this law?

Also as Datrus points out, many people do not understand how things work/not work in eastern Europe. I have seen many people here get a license by bribing, then digging up graves, stealing from dead soldiers and then dumping the bones somewhere. As you can even read in the article that you posted, some diggers are even guarded by the police, because they have been sent by officials who want these things in their personal collection. Just because you have a license does not mean that you are a person who respects written and the unwritten laws of a digger.

As a Polish-Brit I sadly do know how it often works in eastern Europe, however corruption or illegal activity is not the sole preserve of eastern Europe.

It is the job of WRF administration to police what is posted on the forum to ensure it does not appear to condone for example unauthorised digging in whatever country has a legal requirement or control over that activity.

I did NOT say that providing verification of authorised digging WAS a new policy for WRF (it is only my opinion that it might help clean up this tarnished area) but don't be offended if some posts are deleted or edited because the administrators do NOT take the word of those that post.

I can say that every digger I have visitied and went out digging with had the apropriate documents.. Russia,Lithuania,Germany Why dig with people that only wants money and wont care about the history?

I think the majority of people here are good diggers that share pictures and tales about trips, and of course items.
    As for Monuir i can tell you he has all the papers needed, wouldn´t doubt him for a second in that mather. I know him very well.

Although it was me who asked Monuir about having the correct authorisation papers it WAS NOT a criticism of him or anyone else on WRF for that matter.

It was only introducing a broader question of how WRF can ensure that anyone posting their about their digging and images of finds DOES have the correct papers in place. So that we, the administers or guardians if you like, of the forum are not seen by 'outside the world' as condoning what is often a tarnished activity due to the publicity given to grave robbing and the illegal digging and exporting/sale of ground-dug artifacts. This negative view has been especially evident in the online media over the last week!

So the question remains how can WRF verify that those posting their digging activity are acting in a legal manner? What would you suggest apart from taking someone's word, which is not going to work by itself.

Maybe someone needs to be recommended by two other established members whom "we" the administrators trust before they can post such threads. For example I would trust Datrus as one such person if he recommends someone is okay. Again this is NOT a new policy by WRF it is only MY PERSONAL suggestion?

I am sure there are other options— you know your hobby better than I.
    Last edited by StefanM; 04-04-2014 at 05:15 PM.

I trust Datrus more than Putin =)

?

Hello neighbors, I heard that you can not dig with metalloiskatelem.A then going to the area Dnestra.S respect Vados.

?

I don't understand what you wrote?

?

Guys with regard to the post by Stefan the moderating team as a result of the recent horrendous controvesy in light of recent event. We have been reviewing the Battlefield Archaeology section with regard to how we can be as robust as possible in ascertaining the legitimacy of digging activities that are posted here that all must be done within the law of the relevant country and with all necessary permission that are required to metal detect and / or dig.

We also need to differentiate between those who are metal detecting etc with permission and those who are carrying ouy fully authorised Archaeology including the recovery of the remains of Human Beings from Battelefield sites.

Danny this wasn't in any way aimed at you but as this was a currently trending thread it was highlighted here.

In future it may be that if any member wants to post in this section they must be able to prove either in open forum if they wish or by pm or e mail that they have the relevant authority to carry out these activities lawfully , this has been the policy for some time already but from here on in it will become a rule which if ignored will lead to thrwads being deleted etc.

This will not apply to those who have already proved the legitimacy of their activities !!

regards

Paul

Well, there are different rules in every country. For example in my country it is legal to dig if You have permission from the land owner (it is not prohibited to dig in historical places of course or to dig out ancient stuff).

I do not find it is such a good idea to ask for "official papers" because in some countries you do not really need them. Where it all ends is that we can close this subforum because there will be no more interesting pictures. And no interesting pictures - no visitors...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast