Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 187 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 56 106 ... LastLast

Digging in Norway & Kurland

Article about: Hi everybody! I have been a lurker in these forums for a few years and found it was time to present myself and open a thread where I will post some pics from expeditions and finds. Some of t

?

Thanks mate. Na,wouldnt bring phosporous squeeking ammo to my home,and due to the amount of the flares and the rifle ammo I guess I will notify police and military about it.Seems to be the wisest thing to do

The main reason I deactivated the flare ammo is the guy at the local shop told me that they have been known to be very unstable and even some times self combusted after time near heat. I thought better to be safe than sorry. However I do have some very nice cartridges on display now.

?

LOL i only see know it's ammo for the (hand held) flare gun I thought it was big shells. So sorry about the PM mate

I see you use the F5 detector as well.

Regards, Lars

?

Yes,the F5 is my first detector,,so far so good

is that ammo a "DUM DUM"projectile? because the projectile is so round on the top?
    cheers

?

Hm,dont know Nikolaus,,looks like normal steel tipped rifle ammo to me,,but Im far from an expert on it,,maybe some of the other guys know?
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Military-archeology-Legenda-Latvia/224779244335847

http://www.hobbyhistorica.com/

No, it is not a dum-dum bullet. It seems to be just a ordinary 6.5mm Manlicher ammo.

Quote by inka View Post
    It is flare gun ammo yes. In and around Trondheim you should be able do do some Nice digging,,I lived there for many years and I know some places I would love to search

Just a meter away I had to open a New pit,but I didnt get very far...

Attachment 566989

So,it was time to head back before the shops closed to get a New shovel so I am ready for tomorrow.. I Wonder what this thing might be though,a lid of some sort maybe?

Attachment 566991

Attachment 566992

Fuel

Attachment 566993
    Hello, Inka!

You need to learn from Talis, use only Fiskars shovels, they are almost indestructible. That lid is from wooden container for one 7.5 cm projectile for leIG.

Regards,
    Andris

?

In regards to the above comments about 'Dum-Dum' bullets.

No such thing as a 'Dum-Dum' bullet in mordern warfare or WWII for that matter.

Dum Dum was a British arsenal in India back in the 1850s when there was an empire.

Exposed core projectiles made for expanding in flesh were manufacture there.

Modern teminology for expanding projectiles would be HP for Hollow Point or soft nose/soft tip - both are made for and will expand in flesh.

How ever, these are not legal for warfare anymore - non-expanding FMJ Full Metal Jacket projectiles are considere more 'humane.'

Hunting ammo is of course of the expanding variaty to put down deer et al ASAP.

Various methods of and experiments with circumventing the FMJ rules have been made through time...., but thats another story.

(No 'Shrapnel' in modern warfare either BTW)

Actually it is very easy to make a "dum-dum" bullet - just cut off the top part of the bullet. It was used in WWI, WWII and I'm sure it is used also today. When such bullet hits the body it does not run through of it but causes very bad wounds. But do not try this at home - "dum-dum" bullets are prohibited.

Page 6 of 187 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 56 106 ... LastLast