Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Expedition to Ilomantsi

Article about: Is there a specific law? I've only heard that there are warning signs about possible live ordnance in the woods, but I think it's up to the persons themselves. If there aren't other people a

Default Re: Expedition to Ilomantsi

Is there a specific law? I've only heard that there are warning signs about possible live ordnance in the woods, but I think it's up to the persons themselves. If there aren't other people around who could get hurt of course. By border areas, I think you mean border zone's, where you need an permit by the Border Guard, to visit in. I know some people who have dug there. Also I've heard that only the memorial areas are only are protected. You're Finnish?
    Last edited by Aleksander P; 01-04-2014 at 05:12 AM.

I am pretty sure there is a law in Finland forbidding the digging of Battlefields that was past a few years ago, but its best you check this for yourself to be on the safe side

I was reading about a law, by the museum ministry and it only read that areas of the Civil War are only covered by the law. Not areas of Winter- or Continuation Wars. Here is the link http://www.nba.fi/fi/File/1786/muina...n-miniopas.pdf
    Last edited by Aleksander P; 01-04-2014 at 05:07 AM.

?

You are right about the law. I know the peoples from the Russia, who officially dig and recover soviet soldiers in the border area. I think there is still a lot of stuff to dig.
    Suomussalmi is very interesting area and I doubt the guy who told you it's empty area, just do not want to open his secrets. I know the peoples in Finland, who dive to the lakes and got tons of items. One most interesting area to me is a Hanko, there was a Soviet military bases, and definitely they make some hidden caches underground in this area
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kuva.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	113.7 KB 
ID:	544251

Here are a couple finds, from Kuhmo region. The battle sites were located about 40km, from the center of the city. I can show some other items later, if anyone is interested.

?

I for one am interested.

I will post the pics later, when I get my Canon back. The ammo in the photo is 7.62 x 54R and the other item is an RGD-33 handle (Thank you Meyerse, for pointing it out). These finds were from an area, where the Soviet 163rd Division made an large scale artillery barrage, and then made a large assault with infantry.
    Last edited by Aleksander P; 10-21-2013 at 03:45 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12