Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

An expensive lid !!!!

Article about: I wonder if WW2 helmets will fetch this price one day! Roman helmet find sells for £2.3m - Channel4 News

Default An expensive lid !!!!

I wonder if WW2 helmets will fetch this price one day!

Roman helmet find sells for £2.3m - Channel4 News
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Default Re: An expensive lid !!!!

Imagine going out to dig somewhere in Italy and finding an Austrian WWI helmet, a German WWII helmet, and a Roman helmet within a few meters of each other. That woul be the BEST day of digging by far. : )

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    Imagine going out to dig somewhere in Italy and finding an Austrian WWI helmet, a German WWII helmet, and a Roman helmet within a few meters of each other. That woul be the BEST day of digging by far. : )
    A dream come true!!
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Notice there are no pics in the vid of the amazing helmet so here are a couple:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture An expensive lid !!!!   An expensive lid !!!!  

My dad was detecting in field near where this was found and got nothing. there is next to no roman items where this was found, yet this buet was laying there for tousands o years. It was completly flat when found and has had alot of restoration work. Tullie house museum hoped to buy it but their only hope now is that any export licence would be denied.