Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Exploring new land, a back garden hunt

Article about: Hi all, Today i was invited over by a friend to help him search his land to see what we could find, but also investigative the his woods as he had been told tales of the army dumping stuff a

Default Exploring new land, a back garden hunt

Hi all,

Today i was invited over by a friend to help him search his land to see what we could find, but also investigative the his woods as he had been told tales of the army dumping stuff after the war. We used the detector to try and find large concentrations of signals. We ended up finding a right old mix of stuff From a tiny 1930's bottle dump,all bottles broken (probably from the house) old pots and pans, tyers from tractors. even a dump of junk from the 70's, All these small individual dumps were spread across the whole site. But while searching for the bigger singals we did find a few interesting bits, A piece of driving band, 4 horse shoes :P and a nice SHELL petrol cap, We also found a George 5th penny in the garden.

I've given all the finds to the landowner, they where very pleased.
    I think the myth of the army dumping stuff has been busted, oh well it was a nice day out and weather was perfect, always nice to search a new site

Attachment 312306
    Attachment 312307
    Attachment 312308

Default Re: Exploring new land, a back garden hunt

Oh almost forgot,

Last week went on a club dig, found some nice bits Attachment 312319
    RA and Essex Reg capbadges, GS buttons, Cartwheel penny and a Henry 3rd cut half

Default Re: Exploring new land, a back garden hunt

Nice finds WH. Shame the story of the army dumping stuff turned out to be false. Never mind, can't win 'em all