Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Falaise Gap Relic

Article about: I found this relic in a field near to the Normandy village of Chambois about 10 years ago. Over the years I have found lots of items during my trips to Normandy and this was just another pie

Default Falaise Gap Relic

I found this relic in a field near to the Normandy village of Chambois about 10 years ago. Over the years I have found lots of items during my trips to Normandy and this was just another piece of unidentified twisted metal that I picked up.

When I returned home I cleaned the item with a sandblaster, put it in a box with other relics and forgot about it. Then one day whilst looking at German weapons on the internet I suddenly realised what the bit of metal was that i'd picked up years earlier - it's part of the tail section from a Panzerfaust warhead.

Falaise Gap Relic
    Falaise Gap Relic
    Falaise Gap Relic

Thumbs up

Very nice - I like doing that ; keeping something for years & then suddenly realising its' importance. And, as with all relics which you've personally found, you know that 'it was there'......

Thanks, Martin.

I tend to keep most of what I find as you never know what that piece of rusty metal might be once it's cleaned up.

Welcome to the forum Jagdpanther. Glad you worked the puzzle out.

Always nice to have a box or some thing, containing "finds" left/forgotten about, for years in a shed.

It's amazing what you can find, after having a good old root.

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    Welcome to the forum Jagdpanther. Glad you worked the puzzle out.
    Thanks for the welcome!

Quote by The Devil's Bank View Post
    Always nice to have a box or some thing, containing "finds" left/forgotten about, for years in a shed.

It's amazing what you can find, after having a good old root.
    I've got a ton of stuff that I've found in Normandy, the Ardennes and the Hürtgen Forest over many years of visiting the areas.

The Hürtgen Forest is probaby my favourite place for relic hunting as there is still a lot of stuff there waiting to be discovered.

Please show us your "finds" mate

Arrow

Here's a man in his element.....

Falaise Gap Relic

Dear jagdpanther44,

... yes, it would be very kind from you to show us the relics
    Individually I am very interested especially in the Huertgen Forest which is not very far from my home.

With best wishes
    alter musketier
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast