Become our sponsor and display your banner here

A few newly found battlefield finds from Fiinnish Lappland

Article about: There´s still so much to find out there, battlefield archaeology rules. Just be careful and act responsible out there Cheers Jan

Jan
    ?

Default A few newly found battlefield finds from Fiinnish Lappland

There´s still so much to find out there, battlefield archaeology rules. Just be careful and act responsible out there

Cheers Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2a35db653d1ca47163b930ca6c484-orig.jpg  

Default Re: A few newly found battlefield finds from Fiinnish Lappland

Looks like a great collection you have there, wish I could go out digging here in Australia

Jason

Jan
    ?

If you visit Finland anytime soon I would be happy to show you around. The preservation conditions are actually very good in Lapland and the items. usually lay on the ground so you don´t really have to dig!

Best regards Jan

- - Updated - -

If you visit Finalnd anytime soon I would be happy to show you around. The preservation conditions are actually very good in Lapland and the items usually lay on the ground so you usually don´t really have to dig at all!

Jan
    Last edited by Jan; 07-02-2012 at 02:56 PM.

Those are really good finds! How many battlefields in Lapland have you visited? I plan to visit Schutzstellung Rovaniemi this summer, which is the old German bunker system which has to my knowledge been restored to original condition. I live about 100km from Rovaniemi on the border of Sweden and Finland, so to visit battlefields near Rovaniemi is not an impossible task for me

Jan
    ?

I´ve found some stuff while walking around in eastern Lapland. I´m planning an archaeological excavation trip to Russia (Kutsa region) for the summer of 2015, maybe you would like to join (find me on Facebook - Jan Fast)

Cheers Jan

Yes, the amazing thing around here is that a lot of items are found laying on the ground. I saw a documentary last year where they visited some battlefields with some war veterans, and a few times you could see stuff just laying on the forest floor. There was even a russian helmet stuck between tree branches! Thank you for the invite, 2015 is so far away that I do not even know what I will be up to then, but I will contact you if the time period is "empty" for me!