Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

A few newly found battlefield finds from Fiinnish Lappland

Article about: There´s still so much to find out there, battlefield archaeology rules. Just be careful and act responsible out there Cheers Jan

Jan
    ?

Default A few newly found battlefield finds from Fiinnish Lappland

There´s still so much to find out there, battlefield archaeology rules. Just be careful and act responsible out there

Cheers Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A few newly found  battlefield finds from Fiinnish Lappland  

Default Re: A few newly found battlefield finds from Fiinnish Lappland

Looks like a great collection you have there, wish I could go out digging here in Australia

Jason

Jan
    ?

If you visit Finland anytime soon I would be happy to show you around. The preservation conditions are actually very good in Lapland and the items. usually lay on the ground so you don´t really have to dig!

Best regards Jan

- - Updated - -

If you visit Finalnd anytime soon I would be happy to show you around. The preservation conditions are actually very good in Lapland and the items usually lay on the ground so you usually don´t really have to dig at all!

Jan
    Last edited by Jan; 07-02-2012 at 01:56 PM.

Those are really good finds! How many battlefields in Lapland have you visited? I plan to visit Schutzstellung Rovaniemi this summer, which is the old German bunker system which has to my knowledge been restored to original condition. I live about 100km from Rovaniemi on the border of Sweden and Finland, so to visit battlefields near Rovaniemi is not an impossible task for me

Jan
    ?

I´ve found some stuff while walking around in eastern Lapland. I´m planning an archaeological excavation trip to Russia (Kutsa region) for the summer of 2015, maybe you would like to join (find me on Facebook - Jan Fast)

Cheers Jan

Yes, the amazing thing around here is that a lot of items are found laying on the ground. I saw a documentary last year where they visited some battlefields with some war veterans, and a few times you could see stuff just laying on the forest floor. There was even a russian helmet stuck between tree branches! Thank you for the invite, 2015 is so far away that I do not even know what I will be up to then, but I will contact you if the time period is "empty" for me!