Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17

A Few small finds today at WW2 camp site

Article about: had another quick visit to one of the dump/demolition pits. No detector again, just digging around with a trowel. The area is completely jammed with broken crockery, remains of what were qui

I like it.

Another dogtag from the site but am having trouble identifying the owner. It looks like it is stamped:

Mo.....er...

but having searched the Canadian army records there is is no regimental number "8388...2" for anyone with a surname beginning with M....:-(

There is a Mothersell, Charlie of the CEF Pioneer Corps with the regimental number 838332. The name looks right but doesn't seem to fit with the fact that the tag appears to show "8388...)

Associated Image(s) - Soldiers of the First World War - CEF - Library and Archives Canada

but Mothersell is the only person with a surname that would appear to fit when in conjunction with the clear "838" of the regimental number...

can anyone else make any more sense of this...?

A Few small finds today at  WW2 camp site

Nice find, Your ID could be correct, the tag could have been a replacement produced at the camp with the number miss stamped 8 instead of 3. So it was dumped and another correct one produced.
    Keep up the good work.
    LS

Few more bits from the WW1 CEF camp. Usual .303s, blanks and drill, what I think is a Mills bomb spoon, pocket knife but the star find for me was the lovely little badge for what I believe was the 236 Infantry Battalion New Brunswick Kilties...A Few small finds today at  WW2 camp siteA Few small finds today at  WW2 camp site

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17