Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

A Few small finds today at WW2 camp site

Article about: had another quick visit to one of the dump/demolition pits. No detector again, just digging around with a trowel. The area is completely jammed with broken crockery, remains of what were qui

Default Re: A Few small finds today at WW2 camp site

Quote by cornishboy View Post
    Im struggling to fit any searching in at the moment,but its brilliant to see someone else at it! keep up the good work,your finds suggest a realy exciting site.Looking forward to more
    Cheers, but the wife is getting a bit twitchy at the moment so may have to take a break for a week or so.
    I tried the " ..but I'll combine the detecting with walking the dog so 2 birds with one stone.." argument but his walks were lasting 4 hours so that didn't work very well

Try the old 'Why don't you go visit your mother for a weekend?' trick. Works for me quite nicely

?

Quote by Steve T View Post
    Try the old 'Why don't you go visit your mother for a weekend?' trick. Works for me quite nicely
    Oh yeah, until your mother rings and asks your wife to speak with you, then the doghouse looks very inviting instead of a quick kick in the gonads, DONT DO IT HARRY , HE'S LEADING YOU
    ASTRAY
    forget all that , my eyes are getting worse , another visit to specsavers methinks
    All except the leading astray bit thats true!!!!
    Last edited by davejb; 02-23-2012 at 06:58 PM. Reason: gobbledegook

One brick short of a hod. Totally hatstand. AND he can't even spell ASH TRAY !

Default Re: A Few small finds today at WW2 camp site - MORE FINDS - A BIT UNUSUAL!

lol 2 u all

?

One brick short of a hod. Totally hatstand. AND he can't even spell ASH TRAY !
    Oh BOGOF and I dont mean buy one get one free either

Used that one to death now, currently on the "you really don't see enough of your sister these days". Other problem with that is that the in-laws live about 500 yards from the field where the B-17 came down. So a good incentive to see the outlaws - even it is only for 5 minutes while I dump my bag and head out for a "walk"
    Last edited by harry211; 02-23-2012 at 10:57 PM.

Of course you could try the 'How would you like to go shopping in London for the weekend? I think it's time you got a load of new clothes' or, along similar lines, 'I've booked you a weekend at the Spa for being such a fantastic wife. 3 days, 2 nights of total pampering !'.

Of course both have inherent cost implications but what the heck ! At least you can go digging I've used both

paid a very quick visit again to the site. Only a couple of finds. First is I believe a clip from an M1 Garand. The second, in keeping with the more unusual bits coming out of this site is the remains of a German gas mask filter attachment, stamped '44 and what looks like btc
    A Few small finds today at  WW2 camp siteA Few small finds today at  WW2 camp siteA Few small finds today at  WW2 camp site

Nice Garand clip And what on earth is that bit of German gasmask doing there !!!

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast