MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

A Few small finds today at WW2 camp site

Article about: had another quick visit to one of the dump/demolition pits. No detector again, just digging around with a trowel. The area is completely jammed with broken crockery, remains of what were qui

Default Re: A Few small finds today at WW2 camp site

Well, to be honest, I have to admit to having tried Veet Hair Removal Creme but, like many other first time users, I made the mistake of not reading the bumph properly; I used the whole tube and completely coated my nether regions, bottom and nipples with the stuff. Anyway, I lost track of time, and it was the foul stench of dissolving flesh and melting hair that brought me to my senses.

As I looked at my watch through the putrid fog that had formed around me, I could see that it had been applied for exactly 5 minutes 59 seconds; 2 minutes longer than the max.

This presented me with a problem, as when the searing pain began, I was outside my flat, sat in the communal gardens, in a deck chair precisely 100 metres and 3 flights of stairs away from my bathroom.

It was as if I had lowered my under carriage through a volcano and into Hades, whereupon Beelzebub, annoyed by the uninvited intrusion, jabbed me in the rectum with his fork.

I took off from the deckchair like Usain Bolt out of the TV adverts. Within 12 seconds, the bathroom was filled with the steamy foetid odour of hair being boiled in acid , and I had the Clock weights, Biffin’s bridge and Sherriff’s badge under ice cold running water at the tap end of the bath. This did not please the missus, as she was relaxing in there at the time surrounded by floating petals and candles, although she did say that the sight of my ringpiece flashing like a brake light was impressive, and she was pleased to see that my tag nuts had all but disappeared.

Let this be a warning to all members of a hirsute disposition, if you consider a little body topiary, I'd advise you to go for the razor everytime......

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

I cant stop laughing, thats one of the funniest stories I've heard in years, but i must'nt laugh, no ,stop it, oh bugger it here i go again

Oh lordy. I have one of those pictures in my mind now that just WON'T GO AWAY !

A few more bits found over the last few days. Most of the stuff is of a more domestic nature, more spoons including one that appears to have a religious figure on it (not sure what that is about),a couple of padlocks, one knackered but one still with nice markings (if you like padlocks), a couple of what I think are razors, more drill/inspection rounds, a couple of lids off condiment pots, a small general service button and a cost iron lid with " slow combustion" cast into it (there is more text but can't read it yet), which I assume is off a stove of some sort.

A Few small finds today at  WW2 camp siteA Few small finds today at  WW2 camp siteA Few small finds today at  WW2 camp siteA Few small finds today at  WW2 camp site

Apostle spoon....came in sets of twelve in a small case. Re the spoon with religeous question, tea spoon.

Quote by diver99 View Post
    Apostle spoon....came in sets of twelve in a small case. Re the spoon with religeous question, tea spoon.
    ahh, makes sense - thanks for the id Just need to find the other 11 now for a full house

Very nice finds again Those are razor handles ........ Find lots on old bases

I remember my nan having a set of apostle teaspoons. Wonder what happened to them.......

all nan's had apostle spoons, it was the law!

Another few bits and bobs - yet more drill rounds and a couple of blanks - can anyone please id the head stamps (Tony?) another spoon and a buckle of some sort.

Nice find was the little gold ring, minus the stone. It is hallmarked 14K (as apposed to 14KT or 14CT) which apparently means it is either Canadian or from the US, and also has a key symbol hallmarked so will see if I can track down the maker.

Nice to find a bit of gold for a change rather brass and rusty bits of iron crap

A Few small finds today at  WW2 camp siteA Few small finds today at  WW2 camp siteA Few small finds today at  WW2 camp site

Well, the broad arrow headstamp on its own is Radway Green. They used a single arrow as the headstamp code until it was replaced in 1942 by the RG code. The 13 will be the year and the other stamp appears to be a miss-stamping of VII or possibly II with another broad arrow........difficult to make out. This indicates the mark of the cartridge.

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast