Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Finland and Norway

Article about: Hello all you diggers! Are there any of you from Sweden,Norway or Finland here? in that case do you have any good recommendations on where in Finland or Norway especially that there where ba

Default Finland and Norway

Hello all you diggers!

Are there any of you from Sweden,Norway or Finland here? in that case do you have any good recommendations on where in Finland or Norway especially that there where battles on the GROUND since i know that mostly battles where in all of the fjords i the northern Norway such Narvik.

Default Re: Finland and Norway

Be carefull digging in Finland you could land in problems with the Army or Police as they arent so happy about people digging for war relics there

Yeah not going to Finland,and i dont think you will find anything as much as you would in like...Germany or the Ardennes

Jan
    ?

Digging in Finland is prohibited by law. The remains of WW2 battlefields are usually classified as historic remains under the common law under the National Board of Antiquities and the Finnish military. We are beginning to get very sensitive about our own modern history and of our tragic battlefield ridden past.! If you are interested in joining serious historical archaeological research of battlefields in Finland feel free to contact me.

Cheers Jan

Jan
    ?

Quote by MetalCrue1 View Post
    Yeah not going to Finland,and i dont think you will find anything as much as you would in like...Germany or the Ardennes
    Personally I think this post.. well (

Ofcourse it would be fun and the closest is ofcourse Finland and Norway since i live in the middle of Sweden, but i really dont know where to look in Norway because of all the battles in the water...
    Finland is more easy because the got more like "battlefields"

I was at Narvik last summer and the had relics in their museum that they had found on the mountains there,really cool to see.