Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

First day of holidays: Cracking start

Article about: Hello all My Christmas hoildays have started and im on a mission do as much searching as i can before the 5th on Jan. My main goal is to find 50 Per decimal coins Other Goals: 5 Silver Coins

Default First day of holidays: Cracking start

Hello all

My Christmas hoildays have started and im on a mission do as much searching as i can before the 5th on Jan.

My main goal is to find 50 Per decimal coins
    Other Goals:
    5 Silver Coins
    1 Roman Coin
    100 bullets
    10 buttons

Set out just after 12.30. My first signal was a 1914 penny(1), i thought there would be others near by so i searched the area only to find lots of shrapnel peices one piece had numbers on(2) I moved on no signals for a while. I got to an really old oak tree and had a quick search around it, got a signal and dug, i saw a pot and thought i had hit the jackpot i quickly opened it only to find a 50pence inside(3). Maybe someone had already found it and left 1 coin. at least i'm 50p richer :P I started to detect my way back to the car finding a halfpennys 1922 and 1933 and also a French 5 Centimes dated 1850's-1860's. then my find of the day popped out 1931 Halfcrown.

Enjoying a beer and playing tomorrows dig

Cheers

John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture First day of holidays: Cracking start   First day of holidays: Cracking start  

First day of holidays: Cracking start   First day of holidays: Cracking start  

First day of holidays: Cracking start   First day of holidays: Cracking start  

First day of holidays: Cracking start  

Default Re: First day of holidays: Cracking start

Good start WH !

Nice Half Crown. I love the way these things clean up SOOOO nicely

Steve T

Impressive start to your enjoyable marathon, the halfcrown looks to be very good condition.
    LUCKYSTRIKE

Thanks guys

Should be able to get out tomorrow for a short hunt. Pub in the afernoon, so i'm going to do an early hunt

John

nice start, just keep us update