Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

found Near Kingman Army Airbase AUX

Article about: this is my first real post i do alot of exploring around my area you can find all kinds of neat things around here here is some of the stuff i have found so far the 50cal Belt I put them lik

Default found Near Kingman Army Airbase AUX

this is my first real post i do alot of exploring around my area you can find all kinds of neat things around here

here is some of the stuff i have found so far

the 50cal Belt I put them like So i found all the links
    the 30cal came like that they are safe i took out all the powder from them so they will not fire anymore

pretty much everytime i go Hiking I come back with a Bucket Full of ammo stuff i really would love to find some kind of deal like a Ammo can or somthing out there

not to long ago i found a Wheel from B-26 Maurder and one of its engines

plus i have found B-17 drop tanks aswell in two Places

most of the ammo i find is dated 1944 1940 1941 1945

i found a live 50cal once on the backside of lake havasu city az next to a Gov Plate Dated 1914 in the middle of the desert which was pretty neat
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture found Near Kingman Army Airbase AUX   found Near Kingman Army Airbase AUX  

Last edited by BigMikeM; 08-07-2010 at 08:08 AM.

Default Re: found Near Kingman Army Airbase AUX

Very nice relics. The dry atmosphere where you are has kept the links in good condition. Here in England they fall apart as soon as you dig them up. Yours look like you could quite easily re-use them !

The headstamp of the 50cal I can see is dated 1942. Are all of them WW2 dated ?

The 'belt' of spent cases......have you put this together with individual links that you found or did you find them like that ?

Keep up the good work

Steve T

PS Can you use the forum pictures 'upload' facility please for showing photos. Give me a PM if your not sue how to use it.

Rickster
    ?

Good to see another relic hunter from my old home town, if this is the same Mike i knew, do you still have the 50 cal waist gun sights i gave you from the APG airfield dump? Great finds on the belts

Great finds!!! Please post some photos of the B17 items. Infact all of your other finds.

the 50cals i put them in links i found around the desert and the 30cals were found linked up allready on a Dirt Road near a Washed out dirt road near pilot Gas station near where i found my first 50cal Slug which has Paint Inplanted into the Head And its Bent like it hit a Target of some kind no Other Stuff was found At Location where i found my first 50cal head it was Under a Bush spotted it by luck lol

the Other WW2 Stuff Is Laying All over the Place out here No Need for metal Detector Just Your eyes most of the time i have Like Buckets Full of 50cal Casings and Goodies i have found

Out Part Way to Kingman AZ found a 90ib B-17 Fuel Blatter As we off roaded last year and Then Last Summer On the backside of lake Havasu there is one aswell it is in better shape you can see where The Fuel Lines connected to the Belly Tanks

Plus we came across a Pratt & Whitney R-2800-43 Engine in a Cayon Doing up to the waterfalls here In Lake havasu by the Radio Tower! and As you make your Way Up the cayon You come across the Main Landing Gear tire of the Aircraft Which Matched Photos of WW2 B-26 Bomber

didnt Take any photos Didnt Have Camera With Me It was Very Hard Terrian to Hike Aswell Near by the Wheel was a Old Mining Camp of some time metal All over the Place aswell as cooking Tins

here is Most of what i have

lots of goodies

I have Atleast 1 Live 50cal WW2 Round from My Grandpa He Was In the NAVY in ww2

Rickster
    ?

For those not familiar with the area BigMikeM is talking about below is a link with some informationMohave Museum - Kingman Army Airfield

here is one of the 50cals i cleaned up

found Near Kingman Army Airbase AUXfound Near Kingman Army Airbase AUXfound Near Kingman Army Airbase AUX

30cals

The Back Of the round Shows the stamp and yes its Live!

very dirtyfound Near Kingman Army Airbase AUXfound Near Kingman Army Airbase AUX