Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German bunker's in brittany

Article about: Hi, I hope this is this the right place to post this. Late last year , i took these photo's while i was exploring an area of the Atlantic wall in Brittany. I came across the MG42 bunker, wit

Thumbs up German bunker's in brittany

Hi,

I hope this is this the right place to post this.

Late last year , i took these photo's while i was exploring an area of the Atlantic wall in Brittany.

I came across the MG42 bunker, with a bit of help from a local fisherman, who pointed the way...... nearly broke my neck climbing up to it!! ( sorry about the graffiti, no offence intended)

The last picture is a chateau literally 1 min walk away from the bunker complex, maybe they stayed there when they had a bit of time off ( who know's) !!

Enjoy , i'm going again this year, so if i find anything else like this i will share it with you.

cheers
    Gaz.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German bunker's in brittany   German bunker's in brittany  

German bunker's in brittany   German bunker's in brittany  

German bunker's in brittany  

Default Re: German bunker's in brittany

I do have Couple of Documents for a Major who was involved in the Construction of the Atlantic wall in and around the Brittany area. so its Nice your sharing the photos with us, look forward to Possibly seeing more.

Thumbs up Re: German bunker's in brittany

Quote by Justin View Post
    I do have Couple of Documents for a Major who was involved in the Construction of the Atlantic wall in and around the Brittany area. so its Nice your sharing the photos with us, look forward to Possibly seeing more.
    Hi Justin,

No problem mate, i will be going again this year, the area by the way is Port Blanc, on the Granite rose coast, about an hours drive from Roscoff, there is miles of coast to explore, so hopefully will get some decent photo's to post later in the year, watch this space!!

Cheers for looking .

Gaz.

Fantastic pictures Gaz. We don't get to see great stuff like that in the states. Since my dollar is only worth about 70 cents over there right now, it might be awhile until I can see it in person. If I wait long enough my dollar may be worth 35 or 40 cents.

Thank,
    Jay

Smile Re: German bunker's in brittany

Quote by sitges1990 View Post
    Fantastic pictures Gaz. We don't get to see great stuff like that in the states. Since my dollar is only worth about 70 cents over there right now, it might be awhile until I can see it in person. If I wait long enough my dollar may be worth 35 or 40 cents.

Thank,
    Jay
    Hi Jay.

Thanks mate, yeah i know what you mean about the exchange rate, it cost me the best part of £400.
    For a 6 hour "miserable" ferry ride to Roscoff from Plymouth, at one point i thought about jumping over board , and swimming .I'm sure it would have been quicker. !!!!!!!

Still the journey was worth it, as i said i'm going again this year so i will post some more of my discoveries...

Watch this space mate

Cheers
    Gaz.

?

I,d just love to get up in that attic in the chateau, you never know whats up there,or even the cellars if it has some.As for the bunker, it really riles me that some ignorant yob sees fit to add some assinine comment and defaces a piece of history, id like to string them up by there gonads or stick a butcher bayonet up there rear end and slowly turn it. Why cant the French authorities make it a criminal offence and patrol these sites of interest, im sure theyed catch some of these idiots.When i visited the large bunkers in Wissant one was made into a museum that had fantastic militaria inside but the others were left to rot,a crying shame.

Quote by davejb View Post
    I,d just love to get up in that attic in the chateau, you never know whats up there,or even the cellars if it has some.As for the bunker, it really riles me that some ignorant yob sees fit to add some assinine comment and defaces a piece of history, id like to string them up by there gonads or stick a butcher bayonet up there rear end and slowly turn it. Why cant the French authorities make it a criminal offence and patrol these sites of interest, im sure theyed catch some of these idiots.When i visited the large bunkers in Wissant one was made into a museum that had fantastic militaria inside but the others were left to rot,a crying shame.
    Hi,

Yeah, i know what i mean this is the first German bunker complex, i 've ever explored, you wait many years to see these things and they are seriously defaced.

I don't now if it's the local's way of showing their disgust, at being invaded..i can see their point on this... but maybe they should preserve them for future generations... even if it's just to remind people that it should never happen again.... enough of my politics.. fantastic experience never the less.....

Cheers
    Gaz

jgawne
    ?

Anything to do with Brittany is cool.

Ah Roscoff. The old one eye'd pirate!

going to Brittany myself next week for 7 days so looking forward to a bit of bunker hunting,anyone got any recomedations?
    Nigel

Quote by davejb View Post
    id like to string them up by there gonads or stick a butcher bayonet up there rear end and slowly turn it.
    Dave,

WOW MAN!!! Talk about the reverse of Vlad the impailer with a new twist...
    And to answer your question about the french..
    We had a saying while beiing deployed overseas for the latest war..
    I have a new French rifle for you, been dropped twice and never fired..
    That pretty much sums it up for the French...

BTW AWESOME PICS!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast