Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

German bunkers in Jersey Channel Islands.

Article about: The Channel Islands were Occupied for 5 years by the German Armed Forces, and during that time they turned the Islands into fortresses. At the end of the Occupation many of these bunker were

Default German bunkers in Jersey Channel Islands.

The Channel Islands were Occupied for 5 years by the German Armed Forces, and during that time they turned the Islands into fortresses. At the end of the Occupation many of these bunker were buried or where possible removed. Fortunately most still remain for those with an interest to visit and explore. Forming part of Hitlers Atlantic Wall defences, 10% of all the concrete poured for the "Wall" was poured here in the Islands.
    Over the last few weeks since getting a new puppy "Monty" I have been out and about most days for walks and taken pictures of bunkers we have come across on our travels. If anyone is thinking of coming to Jersey on holiday then I hope these pictures inspire you to book you tickets to get here.
    All the best from Jersey,
    D
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German bunkers in Jersey Channel Islands.   German bunkers in Jersey Channel Islands.  

German bunkers in Jersey Channel Islands.   German bunkers in Jersey Channel Islands.  

German bunkers in Jersey Channel Islands.   German bunkers in Jersey Channel Islands.  

?

Very nice photos .

For some seconds i felt like i wanna have 4 legs and a tail and be Monty.. one lucky dog even thou he looks a little lost on some pics.. Maybe when he´s older he will appreciate it more. But all win here.. Monty & you get tons of history and fresh air, and i here in Mexico learn about Jersey fortifications, which i dont even knew that they exist.. Vielen Dank.

Here's a few more.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German bunkers in Jersey Channel Islands.   German bunkers in Jersey Channel Islands.  

Nice photos . I liked the German ww2 upgrades made to Elizabeth Castle

Sorry that some are not the right way around....not sure how to correct that. Thank you Mod if you can sort that out for me.
    D

German bunkers in Jersey Channel Islands.My version of a huge one in Guernesey. , oil painted.

Great photos and good looking pup. I'm always amazed when I see these bunkers. One day, I will see them in person.

Jay

Some good bunkers out there. Underground hospital very good