Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

German mortar/ 8 CM GRANATWERFER 34

Article about: Hello, my new find (from swamp) . Original with residue of winter camouflage. That is it value...???

Question German mortar/ 8 CM GRANATWERFER 34

Hello, my new find (from swamp) . Original with residue of winter camouflage. That is it value...???
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German mortar/ 8 CM GRANATWERFER 34   German mortar/ 8 CM GRANATWERFER 34  

German mortar/ 8 CM GRANATWERFER 34   German mortar/ 8 CM GRANATWERFER 34  

pity no tube.

I've seen Granatwerfer base plates that had an undamaged cup for the ball with asking prices over $1000 usd. Yours appears to have some issues, so adjust that value downwards. I have an 8cm Granatwerfer 34 that's missing its' two leg locks and will not stand. I noticed with the base plate, you have an incomplete bipod. Can you salvage two leg lock knobs from what you've found? I have springs for the locks and only need the knobs to tie it together. Anything that can be reasonably cleaned up would work. Both knobs are pinned in place and are easy to remove. If you'd be willing to sell a right and left knob, please let me know what you would charge for the both of them, plus postage to Texas. Thanks, and good luck with the base plate.

Dear Pitt777,
    Six months ago, I replied to your GrW 34 base plate post with an answer to your question of value. In turn, I asked you about locking knobs for the mortar. Your photos encouraged me to think you may be able to help me. Problem is you've never replied.
    Please take a few minutes and message me about availability, condition, etc. In addition, I'm also looking for a sliding tube-clamp handle to replace a non-original one on my mortar. Thanks. I would appreciate a response.