Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

German soldiers wallet from stalingrad

Article about: Something spectacular arrived in the mail today. A German soldiers personal wallet from Stalingrad Its filled with German coins with various dates, and other personal items too. Small key, r

Default German soldiers wallet from stalingrad

Something spectacular arrived in the mail today. A German soldiers personal wallet from Stalingrad Its filled with German coins with various dates, and other personal items too. Small key, religious symbol, and some type of pin. I also see one coin that isn't German. possibly Russian? Relics like these make me think. What was the fate of this wallets owner? How did he lose it? Defiantly a piece of history you don't see every day.

Best regards- Jarret

German soldiers wallet from stalingradGerman soldiers wallet from stalingradGerman soldiers wallet from stalingradGerman soldiers wallet from stalingradGerman soldiers wallet from stalingradGerman soldiers wallet from stalingrad

As it's a personal item unlikely to have been discarded offhand, I'd imagine the wallet's owner didn't meet a happy end. Perhaps he was searched by Red Army soldiers after the capitulation of the 6th Army, and they tossed it aside after looking through it? There's also the other, much sadder possibility that he didn't live to be a part of the surrender. He could even simply have dropped it during the intense fighting and been unable to go back for it.

As with anything like this, the specifics are unfortunately lost to time. Still, an incredible and unique piece of personal history.

B.B.

You are putting together a very nice relic collection together! Thanks for sharing!

Mart

Yes you are very right. Unfortunately we will never know the story behind it, and the possibilities of how it was lost are endless. I also agree that the owner of this wallet didn't meet a happy end either. Stalingrad was a brutal place to be, and many lost their life's there. Thanks for the information you added!

Best regards- Jarret

Quote by Martin C View Post
    You are putting together a very nice relic collection together! Thanks for sharing!

Mart
    Thank you! Battlefield relics are my favorite. I hope to get more soon, and when I do ill post them too.

Best regards- Jarret