Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Gifts from the girlfriend

Article about: Hi guys, I got these interesting relics from my girlfriend for Christmas. Here we have: 1. A Ronson lighter dug up at Stalingrad. 2. A Luftwaffe cargo tag. Not sure where that was found. 3.

Default Gifts from the girlfriend

Hi guys,

I got these interesting relics from my girlfriend for Christmas. Here we have:

1. A Ronson lighter dug up at Stalingrad.
    2. A Luftwaffe cargo tag. Not sure where that was found.
    3. A K98 cleaning kit.
    4. A piece of cockpit glass and underbelly of an FW-190, with a story that was forwarded to me:

"The Fw190 crashed in August 1944 (between the 7th and 18th), flying alone and trailing smoke. She was flying to the direction of Cesis (Wenden), which was near a JG54 airfield.

Eyewitness say that this was the only airplane seen that day. They saw the smoke trailing the aircraft…and she flew alone (no Russian or other German aircraft were in the area). Suspect it was downed by anti-aircraft fire. She flew in a North-West direction, straight toward Cesis (Wenden), then turned 180 degrees and crashed. The wreck was found just east of Ergli, Latvia (Russia).

The only recorded loss we know in this area is that of Horst Adameit from 1/JG54, as it matches the direction, battle, time and distance. Horst's was an A-5 (W. Nr. 155960) that was upgraded to A8, and that is that is exactly what was found. Also props were of the later type…

We know 100% it was JG54 as that was the only base in the area (also the direction of flight)...

No other losses are recorded on this date...

So we are 99.9% confident it was Ademeit's...final recovery will be over the next few months."

Enjoy!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gifts from the girlfriend   Gifts from the girlfriend  

Gifts from the girlfriend   Gifts from the girlfriend  

nice items.

?

Hang on to your GF.

I want a girlfriend like that !!

Great items !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Good gifts Mo.

Do you know if the pilot survived? If not did they recover his body?
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Great items, great girlfriend!....

WOW !!! Great looking stuff. You have a keeper for sure. ( Girlfriend) You don't find many girls that like this stuff.
    I have to have WWII stuff delivered to my Gun shop. As my wife always says " What World War Junk did you get this time". I just tell her I have had it for a while at the shop and decided to bring it home. If I can't sneak it in the house. Lately she has been setting so she can watch the door when I come in.
    thanks for sharing these nice items.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Great items Mo your girlfriend is a very generous women............

Beats the hell outta socks & underwear for Xmas !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Good gifts Mo.

Do you know if the pilot survived? If not did they recover his body?
    Good question, I will ask about that!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast