Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

great war archaeology

Article about: Hello To All, This is my first post with this community and I am excited to be sharing information with you all. I am a Great War enthusiast and collector of battlefield relics mainly from t

john75
    ?

Default great war archaeology

Hello To All,

This is my first post with this community and I am excited to be sharing information with you all. I am a Great War enthusiast and collector of battlefield relics mainly from the Somme. I have been watching e-bay very closely to see what may come up and I am quite surprised at the number of relics being offered for sale. My concern here is authenticity and the reliability of the provenances that are offered on that site. If at all possible, I would rather find a reputable dealer rather than take my chances on the open market. Does anybody have any suggestions?

I am also looking for a battlefield-dug bolt for a Lee-Enfield SMLE MKIII (the typical commonweath issue for the Great War). Would anyone know where such a collectible could be found? I eagerly await your replies.

John75

?

Default Re: great war archaeology

Hi, and welcome to the forum, I think you will find here the answers to your questions.
    Cheers,
    Dimas
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

john75
    ?

Thanks Dimas. I look forward to chatting more in the future.

Quote by john75 View Post
    Hello To All,

This is my first post with this community and I am excited to be sharing information with you all. I am a Great War enthusiast and collector of battlefield relics mainly from the Somme. I have been watching e-bay very closely to see what may come up and I am quite surprised at the number of relics being offered for sale. My concern here is authenticity and the reliability of the provenances that are offered on that site. If at all possible, I would rather find a reputable dealer rather than take my chances on the open market. Does anybody have any suggestions?

I am also looking for a battlefield-dug bolt for a Lee-Enfield SMLE MKIII (the typical commonweath issue for the Great War). Would anyone know where such a collectible could be found? I eagerly await your replies.

John75

Hi John

Try dugup 100% trustworthy.

Regards

Tim

john75
    ?

Thanks for the advice Tim...I will look into this right away!

Cheers,
    John

They have just been round Europe and got new stock, some Somme stuff included, I got a relic stick grenade still with Somme chalk on the handle off them.

Good Luck

Tim