Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Group of relics from Latvia need ID help

Article about: I bought two groups of WW2 battlefield relics a few weeks ago, and they finally arrived. Most of these items are pretty common battlefield relics such as- Buttons, coins, and a dog tag fragm

Default Group of relics from Latvia need ID help

I bought two groups of WW2 battlefield relics a few weeks ago, and they finally arrived. Most of these items are pretty common battlefield relics such as- Buttons, coins, and a dog tag fragment. Theirs also a good amount of interesting items too.- Decontamination bottles, ELAZ fuse caps, tooth powder container, and two other unidentified relics. So here are my questions. What are the two relics in the first two pictures? And is this dog tag fragment from a WW1 era tag? Any info you can provide will be greatly appreciated!

Best regards- Jarret

Group of relics from Latvia need ID helpGroup of relics from Latvia need ID helpGroup of relics from Latvia need ID helpGroup of relics from Latvia need ID helpGroup of relics from Latvia need ID helpGroup of relics from Latvia need ID help
    Group of relics from Latvia need ID help
    Last edited by Luftwaffe 1941; 12-07-2017 at 03:13 AM. Reason: added photo

MAP
    ?

The second one is some type of medallion that was probably worn around someone neck. A good luck charm or something. You have it in hand, can you decipher what it says (I can't read it) and post it here.

At first glance it looks like a WW1 German Kratzchen cockade but I think it is too big and appears to have had a pin on the back. Hopefully others will know.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thank you for the info MAP! The medallion has Russian writing on it, so no deciphering that LoL. Perhaps someone who knows Russian could figure it out? Huh, interesting. I also thought it could be some type of cockade, but wasn't sure. Thanks again for your help!

Best regards- Jarret