Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Gummischutz ! when the feldgrauen weren't fighting...

Article about: battlefield finds are great also to date items... there are plenty of "personal effects" which were actually used before 1945 but even more that are sold as such which are actually

?

Default Gummischutz ! when the feldgrauen weren't fighting...

They were making love

some empty aluminium boxes for Condom and one still full. These are the ones I recognize, but probably there were more types.
    I think they are quite unusual , at least over here.

Gummischutz ! when the feldgrauen weren't fighting...Gummischutz ! when the feldgrauen weren't fighting...Gummischutz ! when the feldgrauen weren't fighting...
    Regards

Matt

Default Re: Gummischutz ! when the feldgrauen weren't fighting...

Thanks for showing I noticed that you posted on my old thread about these not very easey to find Congrats.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

?

Hello Eric !

yes, I think they are not common at all and I envy your tin can in those conditions !
    Regards

Matt

Quote by Zeller View Post
    They were making love

some empty aluminium boxes for Condom and one still full. These are the ones I recognize, but probably there were more types.
    I think they are quite unusual , at least over here.

Gummischutz ! when the feldgrauen weren't fighting...Gummischutz ! when the feldgrauen weren't fighting...Gummischutz ! when the feldgrauen weren't fighting...
    Why rare? Do you live in the Vatican City? Seriously though, I thought that was a swear word, what does 'Gummischutz' translate as, to me it sounds a bit, well,....UGGGHHH!!!!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

lol a gummy sock. just a thought.

Quote by Andrew View Post
    lol a gummy sock. just a thought.
    AAAHHH!!! The squaddie's friend.......
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

I think it translates into "rubber protection" and I found out that Dublosan is still in business!

I said they are quite uncommon because over here you can easily find the tin foils of the US condoms but very seldom the german ones. This may lead to various theories
    Regards

Matt

Quote by Zeller View Post
    I think it translates into "rubber protection"
    Yes; that's one possible translation. It could also be translated as "rubber cover", "rubber shield", "rubber hull" etc.

By the way: One of the many rather humoristic German slang terms for the product in question is "Nahkampfsocke", i.e. "Close Combat Sock".

(Whether that term was already in use in WW2 or was coined at some later date, I cannot tell, though...)

?

lol i like the close combat sock idea best. to funny
    andrew

Anyway, it's handy that these are battlefield-archaeological finds.

Otherwise, it would be a real headache to classify them in terms of the appropriate sub-forum. No, really, should they be under "Non-Combat Uniforms" or "Field Equipment And Accessories"?

(Sorry; just couldn't resist it. )

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast