Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Hi Everyone

Article about: Hi Everyone A quick hello after joining this forum. Funny I thought I was the only one interested in rusty bits of metal amazing site covering so many interesting aspects. I would love to ev

Default Hi Everyone

Hi Everyone

A quick hello after joining this forum. Funny I thought I was the only one interested in rusty bits of metal amazing site covering so many interesting aspects. I would love to eventually go to Eastern Europe and get my spade dirty, I do some in the UK and have done a bit in France mostly aircraft related and would love to do some WW1 work, as an opener here is a Vickers K gun I dug up 3 years ago, the drum mag is put on for effect.

Cheers

Tim
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hi Everyone  

Default Re: Hi Everyone

hi.welcome to Latvija if you want to get your spade dirty and not even spade....real battlefield swamps and big FLY,S are waiting for you.nice to see you here.

Hi Tim, welcome to the forum!

The Vickers K is always a popular item. Hard to find. Did this one come from an aircraft wreck?

Cheers, Ade.

Thumbs up Re: Hi Everyone

Hi Tim

Welcome to the forum. I think you will find many people here that are interested in that kind of thing, incluiding me...

Greetz

Nick VR

Hi

Yes its an aircraft one, shot down 1940 in France after Dunkirk, wasn't that deep about 18 inches under was very rusty got some fired cases from it too. In all there were about 14 drum mags recovered but were very poor.

Quote by ostlanddigger View Post
    hi.welcome to Latvija if you want to get your spade dirty and not even spade....real battlefield swamps and big FLY,S are waiting for you.nice to see you here.
    Always wanted to go to Eastern Europe, and find relics too would be fantastic. not to mention the Vodka Too

I have been seeing the stuff you guys have been finding for years absolutely fantastic