Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

How can a person from the Unites States become a digger?

Article about: by helmetone I might take you up on that one day, Lars. That would be quite a thrill. No problem mate Any time except winter. We don't want a East Front winter reenactment going on! Regards,

Default Re: How can a person from the Unites States become a digger?

And any POW camps might be worth a search.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thanks for the tips guys! I never thought of searching old camp sites. Thanks for the dumpsite tips dangermouse. Will have to do some web searching soon.

Yeah you can join the military. Get an all expense paid trip out here =] There are a good number of people on here that are military members. I know that's a HUGE price to pay but hey its an option. I thought the same thing you did when I got here that there would be nothing left. Ive lived here three years before I detected at all and Im regretting it for not starting sooner. There is A LOT out here. You just have to know where to search. Best of luck and its great you are interested at such a young age.

Brad

?

The thing is, if you ever got to Europe to dig you certainly would have a very interesting time at airport security if you wanted to take anything back Stateside.
    "May I have a look in your bag, sir?"

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Hi there,, just seen your post - nowhere to dig. I was thinking how am I going to persuade the memsahib to move to the states so I can go treausre huntin. If you get any good books on lost treasure, there's tons in the U.S. I know lots are myths and fables but you never know. What about White sands, reputed to have coronado's treasure. I havea book about lost mines in arizona. and when you have discovered all the loot, you can buy stretches of land in Belgium and Germany and get military relics.

Hello there, being stateside does have its limits but that does not deter me I researched my state for abandon C.C.C. camps many were turned into POW camps. Though I've yet to find a Iron Cross. Buttons, coins, and tinware are about all I've found, but it keeps me looking. Good luck

?

Ther should be places to dig in the US as the others have stated/ Else come to Russia and dig the Eastern Front

Regards, Lars

?

Quote by Datrus View Post
    Ther should be places to dig in the US as the others have stated/ Else come to Russia and dig the Eastern Front

Regards, Lara
    Exactly mate , get on the Big iron bird guys and head to the Ostfront , my mate has travelled from Australia to dig in with us Estonia 3 times and i know Raymond from NZ has been a couple of times !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Kurland and Narva is also i great places

Quote by Datrus View Post

Regards, Lars
    I might take you up on that one day, Lars. That would be quite a thrill.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast