Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Hundinurk- Waiawara July 1-3 of 2010, 11 Kp Danemark positions

Article about: So Guys, here I will make a report from our last trip, just come back home yesterday late afternoon. We work at the positions of 5 KP Danemark, in the first line of line Tannenberg. The Dane

?

Default re: Hundinurk- Waiawara July 1-3 of 2010, 11 Kp Danemark positions

Have been in touch with a Danish guy who is a big researcher into the Freikorps Danmark and SS Panzer Gren Regt 24 , he has a list of hundreds of Danish KIA including Erkennungsmarke details.

Here is info on one of the tags that was found the one on it's own with no remains.

Dog tag number 64 3 / SS-Freikorps Danmark.

Belonged to SS Sturmann Jens Hansen born 22/12/1919 in Thorsted , Danmark

11 Kompanie SS Panzer Gren Regt 24 Danmark

Died of severe wounds 15/8/1944 at the Hauptverbandplatz Johvi.

Now in Johvi Heldenfreidhof Block B ,Reihe 12 , grab 4 !!

So looks as though he was badly wounded in the 11 Danmark trenches , lost his dog tag , was evacuated from the front and then later died in hospital.

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CPAULER%7E1%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5 Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Tahoma; panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:1627421319 -2147483648 8 0 66047 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt; mso-header-margin:36.0pt; mso-footer-margin:36.0pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Very nice information!
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

Do you ask about other dog tags?
    If you need more info or unreadable- please ask me
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

Dim i sent him the details of some others , the one where the number could be number 62 or 79 8/SS PGR Danmark he has the details for number 62 !!

Nr.62- 8/SS.PGR.24 Danmark

Belonged to

Sturmmann, Hans Lock (24.4.1921 Glogowatz, Rumänien)
    8./Rgt 24
    KIA severe wounds on 16.7.1944 in the Brückenkopf Narwa , so the one found in the Danmark positions eas t of the kinderheim must be number 79 !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

?

How about them?
    -19 -Stabs. KP/SS PZ GR RGT DANMARK
    -79- ERS KP Freikorps DÄnemark
    -1740-ss pz gren ers BTL
    and how about the Prinz Eugen tags?
    Regards,
    Dimas

This is awesome stuff , great info Paul , cheers Raymond

?

He is checking for the other ones and i'm waiting for his answer , he thinks that the early freikorps Danmark tag will be the SS Obersturmfuhrer Bertramsen Chef 11 Kompanie .

1st July 1916

?

I don't think so, there still a lot of them, as you can see the name engraved on the top of the Schmalzdose is Owe. But anyway sounds very interesting. Probably you can call him to the forum?
    If that is Bertramsen, then most of his body was dissolved by explosion on the field. There just a couple of bones was found, and the canteen with a piece of the back, looks like a direct artillery hit
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

Yes i'll let him know about the forum and see if he will join , i take it no word back from the Volksbund re any of these guys ?

1st July 1916

?

T Schock is very busy, and at the moment he is looking for a quantity. He've ask me today to find the cemetry. But I personally did not wqant work on the cemetry, I will help in finding the cemetry, but will forward that work for other guys.
    Regards,
    Dimas

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast