Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Id and price needed!

Article about: Do we really have to ask the question 'how much is it worth'? If you have items that you know are definitely not military related, can I suggest you find a forum dedicated to metal detecting

Exclamation Id and price needed!

Hello everyone. Recently i've found this while i was out metal detecting. Well i know for sure its not WW2 but maybe someone knows a little bit about it. Take a good look.

From what i think is the front.
    Id and price needed!

And possibly the back.
    Id and price needed!

Hope somebody can tell me what it is.

Default Re: Id and price needed!

hello, its really difficult to tell from these photos, have you any that are possibly a bit more in focus.

best wishes

Robin

?

Any chance of some in focus photos ??
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

use the macro function on your camera, usually a little flower icon

I seriously cant get any more focus guys :S.

Looks like a round lead musket ball that has hit something hard to me, i think you can see the remains of the rifling imprint curving around the bottom third in the top photo.
    I have found a paint tin full of different bullets while detecting for gold here in Victoria Australia and it looks like some that i have found in similar condition.
    Found plenty of gold over the years but would love to have a crack at some of these European battlefields. The best find Ive had it payed for the deposit on my first house, its a Sydney mint 1855 half sovereign

Quote by scottyvisco View Post
    Looks like a round lead musket ball that has hit something hard to me, i think you can see the remains of the rifling imprint curving around the bottom third in the top photo.
    I have found a paint tin full of different bullets while detecting for gold here in Victoria Australia and it looks like some that i have found in similar condition.
    Found plenty of gold over the years but would love to have a crack at some of these European battlefields. The best find Ive had it payed for the deposit on my first house, its a Sydney mint 1855 half sovereign
    How much would it be worth then?

Sorry but I don't think its worth anything if you try to sell it. It's a piece of lead, thats it. I keep all the lead I find, and when the bucker is full I just sell it as scrap metal. I've about 20 kilo's in the bucket now, 16 kilo's copper, 24 kilo's bronze, and a big box of brass.
    The only items made of lead worth anything on the market today are pelgrims insignia and ampules, and of course the odd pope's bulla's. Old bullits you can find anywhere, we find loads of Napoleon era bullits here, they all go into the scrap metal.

Back in 1996 when i sold it i got $37,000 AU for it, the auctioneer told me i lost another $15,000 extra on it, because i accidentally put a small scratch behind the ear of Queen Victoria when i was digging it up, it was vf but made it vg/vf . cheers Scott.

Maybe this could be a bob that you used to put on letters?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast