Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

id this relic pistol?

Article about: Hi guys, this was sold to me as a cz duo, however already having a duo i could see obvious differences altho the dimensions are the similar, when put one on top of the other they are exactly

Default id this relic pistol?

Hi guys,
    this was sold to me as a cz duo, however already having a duo i could see obvious differences altho the dimensions are the similar,
    when put one on top of the other they are exactly the same length and trigger and trigger gaurd line up exactly, but there are many differences, duo has the safety at rear, duo has a shorter grip, duo has a blank filled side under l.h grip where as the other has hollow middles showing its workings.... mmm bit of a long shot but any ideas, im thinking model 6.35 unique???
    pics to compare, its the one with the rusted away trigger guard that im trying to id......
    both deactivated by the way.....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture id this relic pistol?   id this relic pistol?  

id this relic pistol?   id this relic pistol?  

id this relic pistol?  

Default Re: id this relic pistol?

this is the girl's pistol :-)

looks like a baby browning or it could be a colt they did a small pocket pistol but i cannot remember the name

?

Lee edwards is right. FN Browning 1906 "Baby Browning"

3mk
    ?

Nice relic,
    I have a blank firing pistol like it in Poland.

Regards
    Emil

tocc
    ?

These seems to pistols caliber 6.35 Browning, so called vest pocket pistols.
    They have been made from various manufacturers, for example:

F.Delu and Haenel Mod1 and FN Modell 1906 and Baby, Pistole Duo and CZ 36, Unique Mod. 10, Frommer Baby, Steyr Kipplauf, Mauser Mod. 1910, Ortgies, Zehna, Mann, Astra 200, MAB A or die Beretta Mod. 418.

These pistols never has been official invented in the Wehrmacht, but it is known that they was sold in large numbers to soldiers of the Wehrmacht for private use in occupied countries.
    These pistols was produced very cheap. They was used for self defence during the soldiers spare time outside of the barracks, to go in town or on journey into holidays. The ownership of these weapons was written down in the Soldbuch.

Thanks for all your replys guys,
    its not the browning 1906 for sure, that was my first thought on purchase but pics prove it not to be, tocc thanks for the list of makers, iv checked up on pictures of all of these, the unique is still the nearest iv come up with, the only difference is there is a slot in the unique slide for the safety catch to sit in when safety engaged where as mine has no slot....
    il clean it up some more and see if i can find any markings... unbloody likely tho!!

?

Maybe not Unique 6.35. Red line is Unique. Very, very close though. Should be in scale.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture id this relic pistol?  

Thats great kala many thanks for posting that! I was convinced that was a unique..... back to the drawing board..... it was found in russia apparently, any ideas mate??

It could be a coppy this is not that un common trouble is there would be no way of knowing i suppose.the chinese coppied the 1900 big time.
    nice item though.
    Andy