Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Identifying dug battle damaged MG(?) Bi Pod

Article about: I dug this Bi Pod many years ago in a German position in the Ardennes, I have never been able to find a picture to identify it. Having a tidy up recently I found it again and thought maybe s

Default Identifying dug battle damaged MG(?) Bi Pod

I dug this Bi Pod many years ago in a German position in the Ardennes, I have never been able to find a picture to identify it. Having a tidy up recently I found it again and thought maybe someone on here could help.

It is solid steel tubing and as you can see one of the foot skids is missing, caused by I guess shrapnel and probably the reason why it was originally abandoned.
    It appears to be painted either a sandy brown or possibly an aged white, close up pic shows this.
    Hope you can help thanks for looking.
    LUCKYSTRIKE
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Identifying dug battle damaged MG(?) Bi Pod   Identifying dug battle damaged MG(?) Bi Pod  

Identifying dug battle damaged MG(?) Bi Pod   Identifying dug battle damaged MG(?) Bi Pod  

Identifying dug battle damaged MG(?) Bi Pod  

Default Re: Identifying dug battle damaged MG(?) Bi Pod

hehe, that looks more like the bipod for a motorbike than mg rest, I got a simular device on my styer-puch-benz manufactured moped but just slightly thinner... maybe it belonged to some ordnance mc bike once...

yeah, definetly motorcycle stand you have there.

Thats great news thanks for identifying it's use, it'd never dawned on me it could be a bike stand. It was recovered from deep inside the Ardennes forest so unlikely to be modern. I have some mates with WW2 german bikes, so next time I see them I'll see if I can identify the bike its from.
    LUCKYSTRIKE

Hi there,

Next time you see those mates of yours, could you take some pictures of their bikes and post them?