Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Identifying some Airfield finds.

Article about: Hi All, I've been busy recently with my searches of a WW2 UK airfield and have made a few interesting but unidentified finds. I'm posting this thread to see if anyone can help identfy any. W

Default Identifying some Airfield finds.

Hi All,
    I've been busy recently with my searches of a WW2 UK airfield and have made a few interesting but unidentified finds. I'm posting this thread to see if anyone can help identfy any. What they were perhaps used for/part of?
    Remember to take time today to respect all the veterans and their families, the 65th Anniversary of D DAY Normandy.
    On to some finds....

1) This is light weight hollow tube with alloy ends with four bolt holes. The ends are at right angles to each other.
    2) These look like part of a motor like the spark plugs but they are hollow tubes. The whole item is very light in weight beening made of thin alloy.
    3) Unidentified steel part with alloy moving armature marked GD28 then Zor2141155orSS-2

LUCKYSTRIKE
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Identifying some Airfield finds.   Identifying some Airfield finds.  

Identifying some Airfield finds.   Identifying some Airfield finds.  

Identifying some Airfield finds.   Identifying some Airfield finds.  

Default Re: Identifying some Airfield finds.

Luckystrike

Well....you have me stumped ! The top item looks like it is a support for something but for what I haven't a clue !

The thing with the four hollow 'pipes' through it certainly has the appearance of something to do with airframes but lord knows what.

Sorry I can't help

Steve T

gb416
    ?

Hi,
    The plate that has the 4 fittings in appears to be Hydraulic bank. The threaded side of the fitting would have had a another hose attached to it, the stem side or tube side would have had a hose on it as well. Was it Hydraulic fluid or coolant I am not sure. One thing for sure the threaded end would not have come off in flight, this item was either a spare part or dismantled.
    Regards Geoff

#3 looks like it might have something to do with the control surfaces. Perhaps an aileron or flap hinge.