Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Illegal ?

Article about: My friends and I made a trip to Germany this sommer to find some relics. During our search we were twice chased away by the foresters ! One of them claimed it was illegal in Germany and thre

luypaert thierry
    ?

Angry Illegal ?

My friends and I made a trip to Germany this sommer to find some relics.
    During our search we were twice chased away by the foresters !
    One of them claimed it was illegal in Germany and threatened to seize our equipment and to call the police .
    Is it truth ? What about other countries ? Belgium ?
    Battlefield archaeology is is new for us...
    Thanks !

Default Re: Illegal ?

Well, it i'm not sure about if it is illegal, but if you are digging on private property, you need a permission from the owner.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

We have a pinned thread on detecting laws.

Cheers, Ade.

?

The moral here is don't just go to a country and start digging without researching the laws on metal detecting /tresspass etc you were lucky you wern't guests of the Polizei !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by Paul E View Post
    The moral here is don't just go to a country and start digging without researching the laws on metal detecting /tresspass etc you were lucky you wern't guests of the Polizei !!
    Very well put.

Here is a link to the thread in the search technology and MD forum.....

Laws pertaining to Metal Detecting.

Give it a read, and make sure you look on page 2 as well !

Cheers

Steve T

here in belgium its forbitten in the ardennes we know guys shom stuff including detector has been seized and the police came to their place to get whatever on ammo that was found.
    in case you have a "go" from the owner of the wood or field it puts you in a better possition.
    germany hurtgen wald car might be confiscated

Go and have a look at the thread about the law's in different countries.
    Feel free to contact me

Greets Steven

?

Here in Hungary you need to get a permission from the landlord or for the local council.On the other hand if you love the risk, you do not need any permission, just use you MD and dig.But you always have to dig back your hole...forest animals may broke their leg...etc. I always try to find contact with the landlord. But you can see illegal metal detecting all over the country ,none of my friends have a permission.Anyway, you always have to be careful, in Hun. there is no men in the forest except for the hikers , rarely men from the wildlife and national park have take look but they does not care about us.. Be careful and before start read the law.