Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

The Kolpino unknown communal grave found

Article about: communal grave which was found in Kolpino being building a new house. St George search group being work

?

Default The Kolpino unknown communal grave found

communal grave which was found in Kolpino being building a new house. St George search group being work
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Kolpino unknown communal grave found   The Kolpino unknown communal grave found  

The Kolpino unknown communal grave found   The Kolpino unknown communal grave found  

The Kolpino unknown communal grave found   The Kolpino unknown communal grave found  

Default Re: The Kolpino unknown communal grave found

AWESOME!!! great many thanks to those men & woman who preserve the past with great respect for not just history, but for those who made the ultimate sacrifice!!

how many sets of remains were found in total?

?

I heard around 260 soldiers, there works a special army unit "Poibat" -Poiskoviy Batalyon, which was especially created for that kind of work. They are not a professional unit who has archeology spells, and most of the bodies found is not properly cleaned and in that case a lot of possibilties to identificate the remains are lost.
    Other groups of volunteers, being made their work is pretty nice to see.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Some facinating stuff Dimas, I'm amazed by how wet and swampy that ground stays they can build anything on it.

?

to be honest it doesn't seem like a professional exhumation.If the bodies were together with dog tag it would have been possible to give them a decent burial and Id. It seems they just pile up the skulls and collect the other remains. But at least they are not resting under a condo, so i believe it's good anyway...RIP

?

The bodies was found under the construction work, and they have only about 6 hours to recover them. But anyway the enthusiasts works much better that the military unit for sure
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Rifleman
    ?

what is the story behind the death of all these men?

Quote by Rifleman View Post
    what is the story behind the death of all these men?
    Yes, is there anything more that you can tell us of their stories, who they were and when they fell?