Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Leave nothing behind ! An example of why to take everything home !

Article about: Hi all With the recent threads/replies that have been posted regarding 'rusty bits of crap' being left at sites and such like, I thought I'd show you an example of why you should take EVERYT

Default Re: Leave nothing behind ! An example of why to take everything home !

Hi Steve very nice finds you never know what you will came away with on a dig, but your collection should now be very large indeed from what you have shown over the time. Good hunting on your next visit, As a matter of interest that rock hard pipe sealent you have on the threads in the old days was known as boss white; It dries like rock, I still used it in the sixties and seventies.
    dave.

Thanks Panzer.

I have got a new thread up of my collection here..............

My relic collection - All new and updated !

Cheers

Steve T

Hi Steve,
    I have an other example, A few month's a go I went on a MD trip with Bunghole in Germany, to recover a dumphole that I found early last year, it was full of small bottles of aftershave, hair lotion, toothpaste also found a german razor kit.
    I wasn't shure that they all were from the WW2 period, so I took a few of them home. Thanks to Bart on this forum I found out they were original WW2 items. But on the site we discoverd that the hole had been emptied by another hunter, so we had to search the area again, after an hour or so, I found a new dumphole that was loaded with spent cartridge-case's (german and US), pieces of china(no markings) and a odd looking cylinder object. I didn't know what it was and it didn't look dangerous, but I wasn't gonna leave it behind, to maybe discover to late that it was a good or a rare piece. And yes I found a thread today scrolling through the forum with a good picture of that same object,
    It's a Druckzunder 35A. Now I can move it from the "to ID box" to the "clean-up box".

Grtz Steven

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2