Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Listings for POW sites

Article about: If you havent seen this list,i thought id show it.Just click on the link and find a site near youEvery prisoner of war camp in the UK mapped and listed | News | guardian.co.uk

Default Listings for POW sites

If you havent seen this list,i thought id show it.Just click on the link and find a site near youEvery prisoner of war camp in the UK mapped and listed | News | guardian.co.uk

?

Default Re: Listings for POW sites

Good listing at post #1, but INCOMPLETE. I know of at least one other in Yorkshire, that should be listed. (My late uncle was a farm manager and he had Italian and German PoWs working on his farm from it)

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

Hi Guys, due to concerns over security etc at a site site which was mentioned, I think it best that for all concerned several posts have been removed.

Thanks for understanding.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Adrian thats very helpful. Hopefully we can start adding current info pics and possibly finds from sites all over the country
    Also Gimpy im aware of a camp down this way that isnt on the list.

just thought id try and refloat this thread after it got dive bombed the other day

Thanks CB and apologies for what happened to it. Back on track now though.

I did come across this list a few years back and used it to ID camps. Whilst the camps themselves all existed, some of the map references are a long way off the mark. However, the good thing about the list is that it states whether or not any buildings are still standing which is great. Anything with buildings still up is well worth searching. Indeed, even those with buildings demolished, so long as the land hasn't had a modern use,. are also good hunting grounds for relics.

Cheers

Steve T

that ***** the one in shrewsburys now a flipping garbage disposal unit

tom

Sorry , have to agree with jimpy , there was also 1 in south brent , Devon holding German pow's . Still trying to find the field it was in . There was also a Army camp which as now been built on . Been told where the dump is but it is so overgrown that there is no chance of getting near it , & I also know where the ammo bunker is .