Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

little help with these items

Article about: Can someone help me with these items? What is it and who used it? Who used this one? part of a BAR gunsling???

?

Default little help with these items

Can someone help me with these items?

What is it and who used it?

Who used this one?

part of a BAR gunsling???

Last edited by Judaz; 02-08-2012 at 10:32 PM.

Default Re: little help with these items

The first one is a mortar that I am not sure of the origin, second appears to be mp40 magazines (German) and 3rd seem to be stg44 magazines also German. The goggles look like German also the rest am not to sure maybe leather German equipment strap? -Ben

The sling is not for a BAR. It appears German?

Nor are the curved mags from an MP44/Stg44. Too large and too short.

The other mags are MP40, far left, the others could be MP40 or even from a Sten gun, hard to say as some are so rusted, the last one on the far right is certainly from a Thompson.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Certainly not a BAR sling. Agree with Ade, looks German to me.

Mags are not MP38/40. But are M3 Grease gun mags and a 30 round Thompson mag.

Pretty sure those are Bren mags (the curved ones). If you have a Brit .303, put it next to it for size comparison.

Looks like a US 60mm mortar

This has already been mentioned before, but this is what I see:
    Top: Looks to be an American 60mm mortar shell(Are you sure that one is safe?)
    Second: The far left looks to be an Mp-40/Mp-38 magazine(Looks like 2 grooves in the magazine), the two in the middle are possibly Stengun magazines and the one to the far right is a 30 round Thompson magazine.
    Third: These are most likely 30 Round Brengun magazines.
    Fourth: Some pieces of German field cutlery
    Fifth: Not a B.A.R sling, it looks to big to be any kind of weapon sling, judging by the color and shape of the metal part of it, I would also say it leads me to say that it is German.
    Sixth and seventh: German ammunition crate, not sure what kind though. It says "Heeres munition" on the back, doesn't it?
    Eight: I could not see this picture on the forums, but I saw it in your Imageshack list. They are also German.

And lastly, here is a guide on how to upload images to the website, which I think could be helpful:
    New picture posting feature - How to guide !
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

?

Thank you very much guys.

It seems to work better on this way (not to much pictures)

The Mortar is empty 100%

grts

?

Quote by dangermouse View Post
    Pretty sure those are Bren mags (the curved ones).
    Do you know what the other 1 is ???

The only thing that comes close to the mortar shell is a CCF(Chinese Communist Forces) 82mm Mortar round or a Model 100, 81mm japanese mortar shell.
    For the submachine gun mags, the first one from the left is a MP40/38 mag (German), the second I'll have to say Sten submachine gun (Brittish), the third is as Mouse stated a .45Cal 30round M3 grease gun mag (US) and the last one is a thompson mag(US).
    The curved mags don't look like any bren mags I know or have seen, the first 3 from the left have 3 small peepholes down the center.(they do look familiar)
    The fork in picture 3(second from the left)I supose german, found the same type as that one in a german foxhole with another few german items.
    I'm sorry, I can't help you with the rest of the items.
    If you could do so next time put something with fixed dimensions next to the object in question,
    it would make our job easyer.
    Regards,
    Steven
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture little help with these items   little help with these items  

Last edited by WW2Hunter; 02-15-2012 at 10:29 AM.

want to sell the grease gun mags