Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

A lot of leather pieces

Article about: I found this leather in Germany, near the Hürtgenwald. Some gloves, pieces of belts and a US toolthing. On the belt you can see some inscriptions. Does anyone know what these mean? It also s

Default A lot of leather pieces

I found this leather in Germany, near the Hürtgenwald. Some gloves, pieces of belts and a US toolthing. On the belt you can see some inscriptions. Does anyone know what these mean? It also says 'LBA' wich I think stands for 'Luftwaffe Bekleidungsamt' but i'm not sure.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A lot of leather pieces   A lot of leather pieces  

A lot of leather pieces   A lot of leather pieces  

Default Re: A lot of leather pieces

Some more pictures
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A lot of leather pieces   A lot of leather pieces  

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

You are correct on the meaning of "LBA" and the US linesman's tool pouch which held pliers etc.

The chinstrap marked Aufklärungsgruppe 11 will be Luftwaffe.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi, and welcome to the forum!

You are correct on the meaning of "LBA" and the US linesman's tool pouch which held pliers etc.

The chinstrap marked Aufklärungsgruppe 11 will be Luftwaffe.

Cheers, Ade.
    Thank you for your comment. It is actually not a chinstrap, but a belt..

ILH
    ?

I take it you know what the five leather bits with holes in the middle are, but in case you don't- they're US and attach the M28 Pack Carrier to the M28 Haversack- 1 per complete pack.
    jim.

Quote by ILH View Post
    I take it you know what the five leather bits with holes in the middle are, but in case you don't- they're US and attach the M28 Pack Carrier to the M28 Haversack- 1 per complete pack.
    jim.
    I knew they had something to do with the pack carrier. Thanks for your information.

Very nice things!!!

?

Hi,
    the two leather sections with rivets in them, shown in your second post of pictures are the upper and lower left hand sections of the leather reinforcement from an M1943 E-Tool cover, the upper section being the one with the fold edge. Please see the picture

As to the lineman's pouch, I also have one of these, and its not been in the ground for 60 years and is in about the same condition LOL, that's a really nice find, plus I'll bet the gloves belong to the lineman too, as to the last picture its a United Carr "baby DOT" snap fastener, again it could be off the gloves, if so there definitely U.S. made ones, as Prym "S spring" (German) and Newey Brothers "Press studs" (British) are a totally different design to U.S. snap fasteners.

Nige.
    "Now, I've designed this like a collapsing bag ! "

Quote by Nige H View Post
    Hi,
    the two leather sections with rivets in them, shown in your second post of pictures are the upper and lower left hand sections of the leather reinforcement from an M1943 E-Tool cover, the upper section being the one with the fold edge. Please see the picture

As to the lineman's pouch, I also have one of these, and its not been in the ground for 60 years and is in about the same condition LOL, that's a really nice find, plus I'll bet the gloves belong to the lineman too, as to the last picture its a United Carr "baby DOT" snap fastener, again it could be off the gloves, if so there definitely U.S. made ones, as Prym "S spring" (German) and Newey Brothers "Press studs" (British) are a totally different design to U.S. snap fasteners.

Nige.
    Hello Nige,

Thank you for the info, it's very usefull! I think the gloves are indeed US made, because I found them in US foxholes. Ofcourse that doesn't mean they cannot be German, but it makes it quite plausible that they're US gloves, especially seen your story about the snap fastener wich I think does come off one of the gloves. At least I found it near the gloves..