MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Lucky strike camp finds

Article about: Gentlemen,no my french site,some of my friends did last Friday ,a diggin'party at the Lucky strike camp,near St Valery en Caux. A very well knowded site,explored for years now...but have a l

Default Lucky strike camp finds

Gentlemen,no my french site,some of my friends did last Friday ,a diggin'party at the Lucky strike camp,near St Valery en Caux.
    A very well knowded site,explored for years now...but have a look of what they found there...
    Of course,any info will be more than welcomed!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lucky strike camp finds   Lucky strike camp finds  

Lucky strike camp finds   Lucky strike camp finds  

Lucky strike camp finds  

Default Re: Lucky strike camp finds

some pics more...I hope you like it!
    Pics courtesy of Chris,Kevin,Lycorne78 and may be some others.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lucky strike camp finds   Lucky strike camp finds  

Nice finds, but the Cross badge misses the rifle or other add-on badge.What are the small caliber bullets, .45's or 9mm?

Good finds, especially the dog tag.

Cheers, Ade.

I like the finds, well done. Is that a pocket watch? did you find anything out the person who's dog tag you found.

CHeers

John

Seb

Absolutely brilliant finds Well done on finding such a great site. The dogtag is very interesting and easy to track down......

NARA - AAD - Display Full Records - Electronic Army Serial Number Merged File, ca. 1938 - 1946 (Enlistment Records)

Looks like you found a really good range of cartridges as well.

Can you show the square object with the rusty bit on top a bit closer ? I can't quite make it out properly but it looks like a cigarette lighter, similar to one I found in England.

And the Ipana toothpaste is great ! I found a number of tubes just like yours on my airbase over here in England. It is WW2 US 'vintage'. The paint holds up really well considering how long it's been in the ground. And the cromargan salt or sugar pot lid is in fantastic condition. They knew how to make stainless steel back then ! Cromargan still make cutlery by the way

WW2hunter - He's got 9mm and 45's there by the looks of it.

Cheers

Steve T

When did they put the owners address information on the dog tags, all that has ever been on mine is ;

NAME
    SSN
    BLOOD TYPE
    RELIGION

Thats pretty cool

Brian

Brian

I think the name and address are the next of kin details, and believe these were produced earlier in the war, laters ones just carrying the details you listed.

Cheers

Steve T

many thanks,guys!
    I will ask for some more close shots asap.This dump place is about 100 meters long,they could need a caterpillar...But it's just the beginning of the story.This Camp was the biggest one in France,even in Europe,if i'm right.(100000 GI's here..)