Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

M40 and a M42 relic

Article about: And stucka, I'll let you know when I'm in Belgium or Holland again. I think this summer, as there is a search weekend being organized in Germany and Holland, and will go. The grave I was tal

appie
    ?

Default Re: M40 and a M42 relic

And stucka, I'll let you know when I'm in Belgium or Holland again. I think this summer, as there is a search weekend being organized in Germany and Holland, and will go.
    The grave I was talking about is just outside Leuven. If you want to try and get permission it okay. Boy will this guy be supprissed when two foreigners turn up at his door to dig up a soldier in his backyard!

I am not certain I am ready to dig up a corps...but I am willing to help where I can.
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    cheers
    |<ris

?

Thumbs up Re: M40 and a M42 relic

Quote by appie View Post
    Here's two lids I found in Holland. One is a very nice dubble decal M40 with a camo finish, the other is a M42 that I found with a bullethole in the back that killed the soldier. It belonged to a soldier of the 64th Inf Bat who was killed in oct 1944 in Holland. I found the soldier in 2004, and the human remains are reburried in IJsselstein.
    fantastic!! the camo is a Killer!! Congratulations.

?

Quote by appie View Post
    I would like to digg this one up so that he can be indentified and be reburried with his comrades, but it is delicate to just simply tell the owners they have a corps burried in their backyard.
    I can imagine... but i can't imagine what kind of reaction "Normal"people would give if you tell them there's a corpse in their backyard...( i would be very pleased and interrested in the soldiers identity & Life story and would deff. get him to a honourable resting place)

Warhunter
    ?

mooie helmpie's !!!

"hello... there's a body in your garden, can we dig it up?"
    "of course, would you like a cup of tea"
    Yep... can see the conversation now! hahahaha
    Dan

240stevek
    ?

I would like to see the soldier get a proper Grave with his comrades.

Nice find's Appie!
    I hope i can come over there and do some hunting with the pro's later this year.Maybe i can bring a couple of lid's back to oz with me and post them on the forum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Members who have read this thread: 1