Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M42 relic waffen ss with net cover remains!!

Article about: Hallo Guys, I'm a German and US M1 helmets collector; is my first post on this Forum. I will like post you my last relic; the helmet was found in Pomerania (Poland) with other two helmets /s

reddevill1959
    ?

Default M42 relic waffen ss with net cover remains!!

Hallo Guys, I'm a German and US M1 helmets collector; is my first post on this Forum.
    I will like post you my last relic; the helmet was found in Pomerania (Poland) with other two helmets /see the first and second picture).
    I cleaned the helmet only on decal side with ossalic acid and decal SS appears again.
    There are waffen SS cover remains on the helmet and liner is still there; I found inside liner two little piece of carboard, probabilly put inside helmet from soldier to defence from cold!
    I think a very interesting relic and a cool helmet at the time!!!
    Bye
    Mario
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 relic waffen ss with net cover remains!!   M42 relic waffen ss with net cover remains!!  

M42 relic waffen ss with net cover remains!!   M42 relic waffen ss with net cover remains!!  

M42 relic waffen ss with net cover remains!!   M42 relic waffen ss with net cover remains!!  

reddevill1959
    ?

Default Re: M42 relic waffen ss with net cover remains!!

Do You think is possible helmet was a white camo early??
    See the photo n. 8.
    Bye

Mario

Hi Mario,

You did the digging? If yes, you do this often? What metal detector do you use?

reddevill1959
    ?

Quote by Nifartachi View Post
    Hi Mario,

You did the digging? If yes, you do this often? What metal detector do you use?
    Hi, I don't digging this helmet.
    I use often metal detector in Italy close Rome, in some places where were be Anzio beachead during January and february 1944.
    I founded many US and English items .
    Only German items that I founded was an ID TAG of 15th Flack regiment Herman Goering.
    Those are the pictures.
    I use a simple "Garret 250"

Bye
    Mario
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 relic waffen ss with net cover remains!!   M42 relic waffen ss with net cover remains!!  

M42 relic waffen ss with net cover remains!!  

Awesome lid , love the remains of the fabric cover and cardboard inside , great for display , cheers Raymond

phantastischen Helm mein Freund, den ich wünschte, ich könnte, dass in meiner Sammlung!

reddevill1959
    ?

Quote by Cobra den Bien Phieu View Post
    phantastischen Helm mein Freund, den ich wünschte, ich könnte, dass in meiner Sammlung!

Thank you very much.....but I dont speak Deutch!!

?

Very nice finds, but unfortunate the bad soil, if they will be bunker find, the condition will be perfect. Usually the helmets found with cover are bad under it, due of all time wet and rust activity is more than uncovered helmet. Anyway interesting finds!
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Jan
    ?

very interesting piece, i love the patience of your job with it. You should show the helmet to a conservation lab really.. Its amazing what can come out from finds like this.

?

hi youre very lucky to live in a place were you can just go outside youre front door and dig for this stuff. not here in the uk aye

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast